This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Fall officially began September 22nd, so let’s start dressing for the season. This is a great season because it is not too cold and not too hot where you have to pile on coats or wear the minimal to keep cool. Here are a few fun and appropriate things to wear for the weather, especially if you are in Chicago.

Sweaters: This is the season perfect for sweaters. We are seeing a lot of knit so try finding some cute closed knit sweaters. Something that is also very in style are oversized sweaters which are perfect for style, warmth and comfort when going into class. BooHoo has tons of different types of sweaters that will sure to fit your style. Click here to see their sweaters!

Hats: Fall is cold but not as cold as winter so wearing beanies this season is great because if it doesn’t cover your ears, it will still look cute and keep your head warm. You can find a great selection of beanies and such at the BooHoo site.

Scarves: Scarves can keep your neck warm while also piecing together an outfit. Try finding a warm scarf with fun prints and colors for your solid colored outfits and solid colored scarves for your patterned outfits that will also be wearable in the harsh Chicago winter. Check out the scarves BooHoo has!

Boots: If you’ve lived in Chicago for a year you probably know the weather can be unpredictable. It’s been raining in fall and snowing in spring. I would suggest finding some really cute boots for the fall that are snow and water resistant while also keeping in warmth and traction. Try looking into Sporto boots. They’re nice and stylish while providing the right protection you need for this upcoming weather.

Hi, I'm Daniela. I'm a Sociology major with a minor in Criminology and Business Administration. I have been involved with Her Campus since my freshmen year, working in editorial, marketing, and social media. As president of Her Campus UIC, I am excited to see our chapter grow throughout my last year here.
UIC Contributor.