Cute Valentine’s Day Manicure in 5 easy steps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

So it’s that time of year again. In a few days everybody will be getting all dolled up for their hot dates or getting in their bed ready to curl up with Netbae for the night. Whatever your plans are, your nails deserve to look just as flawless as you! (**Look based off of CutePolish’s YouTube video)

For this look you will need:

• Base Coat
  • Hot Pink Polish
  • White & Black Polish
  • Top Coat
  • A nail file
  • A toothpick or dotting tool
  • Nail gems (optional)

Before you can begin, make sure to file your nails, clip cuticles & push back your nail beds!

Steps:

1. Paint all but 2 of your nails with the pink color
  2. Paint the 2 accent nails white.
  3. On the first accent nail (I picked my thumb), use the toothpick dipped in the black polish to create dots. You can use a dotting tool, or the end of a pen/pencil for this but a toothpick works just as well!

*A tip—Wipe the polish off of the brush with the toothpick instead of dipping it!

4.  On the other accent nail, write the word “LOVE”. Again using the toothpick, write the letters L & O on the first “line” and V & E on the second.

Optional** If you want to add nail gems, use a dot of the pink (or clear) polish at the base of your nail. Place the gem and apply a little bit of pressure. **Tip—Lick your finger to pick up the gem and place it directly over the dot.

5.  Finally you can apply your topcoat to seal in your wonderfully festive nails design!

Now that your nails look gorgeous, you are ready to take on whatever comes your way!

Happy Valentine’s Day Lovelies! <3

HiiI'm Lauren- Sophomore at UIC,  girl who hates science but aspires to be a nurse. Catch me on campus looking as basic as ever, coffe and planner in hand too.Oh and I am probably the sassiest person you'll ever meet.  
UIC Contributor.