This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

The TLC show “Extreme Couponer” has definitely brought to light the benefits of using coupons. People leave the store with four carts with sometimes less than a dollar taken out of their pocket. Couponing to that extent takes lots of time, dedication, and patients. Even Kourtney Kardashian dabbled in it during an episode of “Kourtney and Kim take New York”. Though we all can’t have the free time to commit to this money-saving lifestyle, we can take advantage of what couponing websites and their tips have to offer.

Thekrazycouponlady.com
Started on accident by two stay at home moms in Idaho, this website has had massive success. This website is organized perfectly and even though it has a lot of content, is not overwhelming at all. They break down their coupons by drugstores, superstores, and grocery stores and also have a list of manufacturer coupons that goes on for miles. This website is awesome and I check it regularly. I’ve even gotten a free subscription to Elle magazine through it! Navigate your way through this site to save yourself some money on your next shopping trip!

This is the book that the two founders, Heather Wheeler and Joanie Demer, wrote.

Groupon.com
Targeted towards consumers who buy in groups (hence the name), Groupon.com is a way to get ridiculous deals on everything from trips to food to pedicures. The way it works is really interesting, you pay first online for a deal which you print out and use in a store later. For example, you pay $5 and get $10 worth of merchandise. What I love about this website is that a lot of restaurants and places near UIC offer daily Groupons, like Taylor Made and Conte de Savoia. They also have a free app for smart phone users, which makes deals literally at your fingertips at any time of the day!

Collegebudget.com
This website works the same as Groupon, but their deals are not organized by location. Their deals are aimed towards college students, and according to the website have saved students over $3 million so far! They have coupons for clothes, cosmetics, and even textbooks. Check this out and save some money!