This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

We are all getting to that age where seemingly everyone around us is getting engaged. If you don’t have a ring by spring, or even a boyfriend, it’s easy to feel like you are lost in the cracks. In the midst of all this, it’s easy to feel like you’ll be alone forever but that is definitely not the case. Looking for “the one” in every guy you come across is overrated. Rather than searching for your true love, here are some things to do instead. 

The foundation for everything in your life is self-love.

If you don’t love and respect yourself, then how is anyone supposed to reciprocate those feelings? Get out there and do all the fun things you want and have all the adventures you’ve dreamed of. You don’t need to wait for a man to be your soulmate to make amazing things happen. We’re all young, enjoy the ride and worry about getting married when you’re 30. 

Your overall outlook on life will improve.

When you stop putting so much pressure on yourself to find your perfect match and get married in a certain time frame, your life becomes a lot more carefree. It’s a great feeling when you no longer have to worry the awkwardness of dating. With this feeling comes an appreciation for the moment you’re in and the state of your life at that moment. And as an added bonus, you’ll come off less desperate if you’re less stressed. 

Spend your time doing things that interest you.

If you love to write, great! If you love to blog, that’s great too! Spend a little extra time every week working on improving your writing skills. If you have other interests, take an hour a day to work on a skill that you want to work on rather than your school work. Taking time out of the day with yourself will make you feel more rested and keep you sane in times of stress. The best part about this is that doing something you want to do can be doing anything under the sun. 

Make lasting friendships.

Instead of spending time pining over boys, make some lasting friendships and consider investing in new friends. One of the best parts of college is that there are so many different people with unique beliefs, backgrounds and interests among other things. Take the time to find the friends who will be there to support you and enjoy your life with you. You won’t regret putting yourself out there.

Finding “the one” happens at different times for everyone, so don’t stress if everyone around you is suddenly in relationships or getting married. Love will find you too as long as you have patience!

Erin Gilmore is a Georgia native, born and raised in Forsyth County. Since 2015, she has been attending The University of Georgia. She is majoring in Risk Management and Insurance and Advertising. She loves to learn new things and go on adventures with her friends. In her free time, she likes to hang out with her dogs, read and travel.