This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

The hilarious Titus Burgess is arguably the most interesting person to ever go to school at the University of Georgia.

His character on The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, of the same first name (spelled slightly differently), is hilarious and highly relatable. Like Burgess, Unbreakable‘s Titus Andromedon is a flamboyant man from the south. Burgess has also starred on the hit show 30 Rock and does voice acting for several animated works. Burgess is also a spokesperson for Downey Unstoppables and he even has his own wine brand! He is basically an invincible and inspiring force for anyone in the entertainment industry. 

Burgess graduated from UGA back in 2001, and grew up in the Athens area. However, despite want you may want to believe, Titus Burgess does not like our “shady” university. 

This is old news to some, on a late night talk show back in April 2016 in response to a petition asking the actor to speak at our graduation Burgess said, “Dear Graduates of 20-Whatever-Year-It-Is-When-I-Come-Down-There. You just graduated from a shady school that has the name of a shady state that tried to pass a shady law. I think you need to come out of the bars and go and vote in these primaries and these elections and get these terrorists out of office…” In all fairness, it seems like he just simply wanted to urge the young population to get out, vote and do their jobs as citizens.

Image via Netflix.

Gifs via Giphy

Sam is getting her degree in Film Studies at UGA. She hopes to continue writing entertainment reviews and comedy nonsense after graduation. She's always got a latte in hand and can be seen practicing handstands all around campus.