Morgan Voshall: An Explorer at Heart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Morgan Voshall is a second year at the University of Georgia. She hails from Cumming, Georgia. Morgan always has a smile on her face and will always have your back. Keep reading to learn about this adventurous girl! 

​Major? Interests, etc?

Finance, with spanish minor, and legal studies certificate. I love hiking and all things adventurous and outdoorsy, even if they scare me a little bit. 

What are your future career plans?

I’ve changed my major a lot and I finally feel like I’m in the right place with finance, but as far as figuring out what I will be doing with that, I’m taking the next few summers to figure that out. I love event-planning and outdoors companies with social outreach, so if I end up working with them in some capacity that would be great! But who knows, I also might end up at law school.

What is your favorite part of UGA?

I love the culture and history of UGA. Both of my parents went here, so I grew up cheering on the dawgs and spending Saturdays between the hedges. Now actually living here makes it so much more real and important to me. I love North Campus, I love our story, and I love everything about Athens around UGA. It’s beautiful and authentic and I find something new every day.

What is your favorite memory at UGA?

At the Alabama game last year. It sucked because we stood out in the rain till the very end and watched the dawgs lose, but I was with some of my closest friends and afterwards we ran back to my friends’ room in Reed and watched American Horror Story. Then we went to Cane’s and jumped in puddles in our rain boots. It was so fun, and I felt so close with everyone.

What is your favorite Athens restaurant?

Everything in Athens is so cute and yummy, but ima have to go with Grindhouse because when can’t a girl go for a killer burger with some secret sauce?? And it’s cheaper than Mama’s Boy lol

What are some fun facts about you?

I went to South Africa on a safari this past summer, as well as working as a camp counselor at Camp All-American so that’s pretty cool. In addition, I always have edamame in my freezer.

What are you involved in on campus?

I do a lot through Wesley. I have an awesome discipler who is also a leader with me at Sparrow’s Nest, which is a Christian program for high schoolers in the area. I also have a mentee, who is 5, through Cross Trainers. Her name is Jordynn and I love her to death. I recently joined the Finance Society and MBSA, and I am really looking forward to becoming more involved with those programs.

What do you like to do for fun?

I love hanging out with my friends, roadtripping, exploring cities and mountains, playing soccer, and all that good stuff. But I also do appreciate my alone time, where I am usually binge-watching “The Vampire Diaries,” planning/making some artwork to add to the decor in my house, or shopping for small plants and clothes. I would love to find some time to pick up a book because that was a huge part of my relaxation in high school.

Erin Gilmore is a Georgia native, born and raised in Forsyth County. Since 2015, she has been attending The University of Georgia. She is majoring in Risk Management and Insurance and Advertising. She loves to learn new things and go on adventures with her friends. In her free time, she likes to hang out with her dogs, read and travel.