It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like…Finals Week!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and now Christmas is amongst us, but before college students can begin to think about those few weeks they get away from school, they have final exams to think about first. As stress levels start to rise and all-nighters become more frequent, here are five Christmas-themed activities that can help take your mind off finals and give you a break from all that studying.  

1. Watch your favorite Christmas movie(s)

Curling up and watching your favorite Christmas movies with a bag of popcorn, your favorite blanket, and maybe even some hot cocoa, can be a great way to sit back and relax for a little while. For those who enjoy movies on the big screen, check out your school’s event calendar to see if any organizations will host a Christmas movie showing event.  (On December 1st, Student Affairs at UGA will be showing How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966) at 7 pm in the Tate Student Center, and Elf at 8pm in Tate as well.)

2. Bake the day away!

Baking your favorite Christmas cookies, cakes, pies, YOU NAME IT, can be a lot of fun, especially when you bake with friends! Eat your stress away or enjoy a sweet snack while studying for your exam!

3. Secret Santa

They always say shopping is a great way to take your mind off things and relieve stress, so why not take your mind off finals by shopping for your friends or whoever you please? Getting a group of friends to agree on participating in Secret Santa can be as fun as you all make it! (Spend at your own risk!)

4. Christmas Lights

If you enjoy the cold weather and looking at different Christmas light decorations, this is a perfect way to escape the thought of finals for a little while. You could drive around town or go to a Christmas light drive-in!

5. Turn up the Christmas music!

Sometimes all you need is to vibe to Christmas music. It’s great to listen to while you’re studying or to blast and sing along to while you take a study break! You’re sure to make it through finals with all the joy that comes from listening to your favorite Christmas tunes.

Happy Holidays and Happy studying! 

"Creativity is the way I share my soul with the world." -Brene Brown| Future Broadcaster| As always...Go Dawgs! Yours Truly, V ♡