5 Ways To Celebrate Valentine’s Day With Your Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Valentine’s Day is Wednesday, and if you’re single or your significant other isn’t around, you might feel a little left out or think you can’t celebrate the holiday. But Valentine’s Day is not only a day to celebrate romantic love, but it can also be a day to appreciate the love that you have for your friends. So gather your girlfriends, because here are five ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your friends.

1. Movie Night

Can’t Netflix and chill with your bae? Grab your girlfriends instead and plan a movie night. There’s no better way than to spend Valentine’s Day than watching your favorite romantic comedies, having a glass of wine, and pigging out on your favorite snacks with your friends.

2. Hit the Club

If you aren’t in the mood for a night in, enjoy the night life that your town has to offer. You’ll have an excuse to get dressed up and you’re pretty much guaranteed an evening of fun. Hitting up your favorite club or bar is also a great way to meet other singles. Let your friends be your wing women, and don’t be afraid to mix and mingle a bit.

3. Karaoke

Honestly, there is nothing better than drunkenly serenading your friends and singing along to your favorite songs.

4. Plan a Spa Day

Nothing says “I love you” more than a cucumber facial and a seaweed body wrap. Treat yourself and a few friends to the day at the spa, or to save a few coins, host a DIY spa day.

5. Go Out to Brunch

Need an excuse to drink at 10 a.m.? Go out to brunch with your friends and have a mimosa. Ladies who brunch together, stay together.

No matter your relationship status, Valentine’s Day is for everyone, and various types of loves can be celebrated. Whether your loving on your significant other, or showing love to your friends, make sure you take the time to let the special people in your life feel loved.

I am a third year student at UGA and an intended broadcast journalism major.