5 Must-See Movies Coming Out This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

This summer is already proving to be a great time for blockbusters. From emotional flicks to action-packed dramas, there’s so much to see and so little time! Here are a few movies we’re excited for this summer…

Me Before You

Release Date: June 3, 2016

Notable Celebs: Emilia Clarke (who plays Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones) and Sam Claflin (who plays Finnick Odair in The Hunger Games)

Why Should I See It? The same reason you saw “The Fault In Our Stars,”: to cry yours eyes out at a beautiful movie… and make sure to bring extra tissues.

Captain America: Civil War

Release Date: May 6, 2016

Notable Celebs: Chris Evans and Robert Downey, Jr. are the main stars, but the cast-list includes a multitude of celebrities

Why Should I See It? Robert Downey’s unbeatable sarcasm, Chris Evans’s  incredible muscles and crazy-awesome fight scenes… Plus we get to see the new Spiderman in action (which will be a pretty bittersweet moment for all of the Andrew Garfield fans out there…)

Sausage Party

Release Date: August 12, 2016

Notable Celebs: James Franco, Paul Rudd, Kristen Wiig, and basically any other actor that has made you laugh in the past 10 years

Why Should I See It? Who doesn’t want to see cartoon food voiced by Seth Rogan (amongst many others) spewing profanities?

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising

Release Date: May 20, 2016

Notable Celebs: Chloë Grace Moretz, Zac Efron, Rose Byrnes, Seth Rogan, Selena Gomez, Dave Franco

Why Should I See It? If this is anything like the first movie, we’re definitely in for a treat. Since it’s a sequel, this movie could either be very funny, or very gimmicky. Zac Efron and Seth Rogan, please don’t let us down!!

Suicide Squad

Release Date: August 15, 2016

Notable Celebs: Margot Robbie (who plays Naomi Lapaglia in The Wolf Of Wallstreet), Cara Delevigne (the model-turned-actress who plays Margo in Paper Towns), Ben Affleck, Jared Leto, Will Smith, and so many more celebrities…

Why Should I See It? It seems like a good year for superheroes and super-villains alike, and Suicide Squad is no exception. This long-awaited movie honestly can’t get here any sooner for its excited fans. It will be very strange, completely weird, kinda scary and undoubtedly glorious.

Thumbnail by Felix Mooneeram on Unsplash.