5 Candies You Only Eat Around Easter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Easter is a time where families come together to celebrate religion or the coming of springtime. Either way, Easter spreads color and happiness throughout the month of April. Along with pastel colors and intense family egg hunts, Easter also comes with its own distinct seasonal candy that we all stuff ourselves full of. Yet, we somehow forget about them the rest of the year. Here are five sweet treats that quickly turn Easter into Eatster.

1. Peeps

Whether you are team bunny or team chick, peeps always make an appearance around Easter. Basically sugar coated marshmallows, what’s not to love? You may be that person who forces one down just because it’s Easter or this may be your favorite spring treat, either way Peeps have easily become a balanced part of any Easter morning breakfast.

image from tabletasting.com

2. Starburst Jellybeans

While the original Starburst jellybeans were enough to make us wonder how Starburst made jellybeans actually taste good, they have now introduced new flavors. This Easter along with original comes tropical, sweet and sour, and crazy beans, just to name a few. While Starburst jellybeans haven’t been around quite as long as Peeps, they are easily becoming another Easter basket must-have.

image from foodtasticmom.com

3. Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs

In withdrawal from not having a Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins since Halloween? Look no further than Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs. Peanut butter and chocolate combine in a peanut butter lover’s dream. But you better stock up now, these have to last you until October.

image from bakeat350.net

4. Cadbury Crème Egg

While you may have no clue how to say Cadbury, this wrapper is easily recognizable from Easter’s past.  The chocolate shell breaks open and is filled with a yellow and white filling made to resemble real egg yolk. This proves Cadbury Crème Eggs to be the most authentic treat on our list.  

image from delish.com

5. Chocolate Bunny

From creepy to cute, what is an Easter basket without a chocolate bunny? The bigger the better for all chocoholics out there who bypass the jellybeans and Peeps to head straight for the chocolate. Chocolate bunnies help carry the traditions of Easter and the Easter bunny, so no Easter is really complete without one.

image from knowyourmeme.com

Enjoy the sugar coma, bulldogs. Happy Easter!

image from giphy.com

Abby is a freshman at the University of Georgia as an intended-journalism major. She can easily be spotted by her sporatic red curls and is likely napping, reading, or laughing the day away.