Vice President of College Democrats Jenna Goldman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Name: Jenna Goldman 
Age: 21 
Year: senior 
Major: political science and history  
Hometown: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Her Campus: What is your position on campus? 
Jenna Goldman: “I’m Vice President of the College Democrats.”

HC: How did you get involved in College Democrats? 
JG: “It was my first year here, and I started getting involved when we started working on the Obama campaign. The election wasn’t until the next year, but we started then. And then I really got involved when we took a trip to Chicago – we all drove to Chicago. I was a freshman and really wanted to meet people, and that was a great way to do it.”

HC: What is your favorite part of being in the club? 
JG: “I really love that we get to meet all the candidates, and that we’ve become such an important part of campaigns – locally, state-wide elections and even national elections. When Michelle Obama came here, she came to UF, the College Democrats really got to welcome her and host her and be a really big part of the planning… Alachua County went blue, and I think that’s a huge part of us because of all our work on campaigns. And we do a lot of volunteer work too; we love to do clean-ups; we volunteer at Westwood Middle School.”

HC: And the biggest challenge? 
JG: “In a leadership position, it’s hard to balance the demands of being in this position and also schoolwork. I’m applying to law school as well, so it’s hard to keep everything together sometimes.”

HC: What other things are you involved in on campus? 
JG: “I’m an RA, I’m a TA for a class; I was involved in Student Government, but I kind of chose College Democrats over that because it was getting to be too much, and I felt that I made more a difference in College Democrats.”

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 
JG: “I’m going to law school, hopefully, when I submit my applications this month, than I would like to be a lawyer.”

HC: What is your dream job? 
JG: “I think eventually I would like to be a judge. That would be my ultimate goal.”

HC: What are your hobbies? 
JG: “Running. I’m training for my third marathon. Volunteering at middle schools, and hopefully I’m going to be volunteering at Girls on the Run. And I like to watch Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill.”

HC: Do you have any hidden talents? 
JG: “I can name all the countries in Africa, and I can point them out on the map.”

HC: Who is your role model? 
JG: “I would have to say my grandma because she’s been a lifelong learner, and she always calls me, sends me articles and emails me stuff. She had a really cool career, especially being a woman, and she’s 90 now. She had a career and went to college, and that’s pretty impressive for someone of her generation.”

HC: What advice would you give to new students? 
JG: “Get involved. It’s a really cool way of meeting people. Find something that you are interested in, that you’ve always been interested in, and just do it. Don’t do it for the resume line, because you’ll be way more invested in it. The resume lines will come, but do something because you love it.” 

HC: What is your favorite memory at UF so far?  
JG: “I have to say basketball games. I love basketball!”

Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.