Terrence Hornsby ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Name: Terrence Hornsby
Major: Mechanical Engineering 
Year: senior
Hometown: St. Petersburg, FL.  
Age: 24 
Relationship Status: in a relationship; 5 years 
How did you guys meet? “We met freshman or sophomore year in Calculus class. She would say she came on to me because she saw that I did really well on my test and stuff so she wanted to “study” together and so it just kinda went from there.” 
Favorite Foods: “anything BBQ; BBQ Ribs, BBQ Pork. I love BBQ. It’s probably my favorite.” 
Favorite Music: “I kinda like Folk and Indie Bands — like Mumford and Sons is a big one. Black Keys is more of a Blues Rock there — but yeah those are probably my favorite.” 
Where would you like to travel if you could go anywhere in the world? “That’s a tough one but probably New Zealand; I had a buddy that went there, and he said it was just incredible. You just get a lot of diversity between the mountains and the beach.” 
Who is your role model or someone you really admire? “My dad. He’s the most stand-up guy I know. He’s dependable — really smart, motivated, and driven, and so I always looked up to him for that.”
Have you been told you have a celebrity look-a-like? “Kind of. I don’t see it myself but I have been told I look like a skinny version of Tim Tebow — especially when I had shorter hair. I’m kind of growing it out right now but people have definitely have called me Tim Tebow on multiple occasions.” 
What’s a fun fact about you? “This is kind of strange, but I broke my arm when I was a kid; so, now my left arm is two inches shorter than my right arm.” 
Are you in any clubs or organizations? ASME: American Society of Mechanical Engineers 
What’s your favorite sports team? “Other than the Gators? Probably the Atlanta Braves. It’s my favorite baseball team. I’m a big baseball fan.” 
How would you describe yourself in one word? Athletic 
Hobbies: “I do a lot of running and biking. I’m getting into triathlons and things like that too — just really trying to stay active.” 
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? “College degree. Working at a mechanical design firm and getting my masters degree or have completed it.”
What is something you would change about yourself? “Biting my nails when I’m nervous.” 
What do you look for in a girl? “Someone who is down to earth and genuine.” 
How would you describe your perfect date? Anything active or outdoors. Those are kind of like my big passions so maybe like playing tennis or going for a bike ride. Maybe like a picnic. Just anything outside.
Where are your favorite places to go in Gainesville? “Nightlife, I like to go to Tall Pauls. I’m a big biker, so I like biking through the Hawthorne Trail, which is like a 32-mile paved bike path that goes through Praines Prairie. It’s really pretty, secluded, and just really nice out there.” 
How did you feel being asked to be the Campus Cutie? “I was a little surprised, and then I was like ‘wait, what was that for?’ I’ve never heard of Her Campus before, but it was really flattering.”

I'm passionately curious. www.StephanieTinoco.com www.Facebook.com/StephanieTinocoNEWS @tinocosc StephanieTinoco@mail.com
Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.