This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Name: Mike Gillespie
Age: 24
Hometown: Coral Springs, FL
Year: Second-year telecommunications graduate student

Relationship Status: “Currently single until the right girl comes along.”

What’s something readers wouldn’t know just by looking at you? I’m an announcer for the Gator Sports Network.  
Hobbies: “I love running! Running is a lot of fun for me; it’s my newfound hobby. I’ve been playing the piano since I was 5, so playing the piano is definitely one of my favorite hobbies, too.” 
Dream Job: I want to anchor SportsCenter and be a play-by-play announcer.

What would your perfect date be? “Probably going on a picnic, or going to the beach sounds amazing to me. Although going to the beach in Gainesville is kind of tough, but definitely going on a picnic would be ideal — both people having a lot of fun, just talking and laughing with everything at ease, not thinking so much about the future, and not being so tense…. Just being really chill with each other.”

What do you look for in a girl? “Someone who is strong-willed. Someone who knows what she wants. She’s nice; but at the same time, she is forward [and] overall just a good person. Someone who has a good heart.” 
Celebrity Look-a-Like: “I’ve been compared to the white dude in Rent, but I don’t know…. The one with the glasses, but I don’t remember the actor’s name.” 
Favorite foods: “I recently started to love salads, actually. Before it was like ‘OK, I’ll eat salads,’ but now I love a great Caesar salad and soup.”

What is one place anywhere in the world you would love to travel? “The one place in the world that I would want to go right now would be Australia. I’ve had so many friends go to Australia and have absolutely fallen in love. I’ve been to Europe before, so at this point, I’d love to go to Sydney.” 
Words of Wisdom you’d give to new Gators: “I would say get invovled in everything you can get involved in and meet as many people as possible because it’s not about what you know it’s about who knows you.” 
Favorite places to go out in Gainesville: Salty Dog, Tall Paul’s, or Atlantic 
Pet-Peeves: “I hate it when people don’t listen or when they are cynical. I don’t like cynical people either because it’s not like everything can go as you plan and some people will just get really upset at the world when it doesn’t.” 
What do you find unattractive in women? “I don’t like girls that think they’re the greatest thing to walk the Earth. I feel like humble people are my type of people. If you walk around thinking you’re the best thing in the world, what happens when the next best thing comes along? You’re not always going to be the top and I hate people that walk around thinking that. This goes for people in general, but I would say that when it comes to girls, it’s definitely a huge turn off if you have too big of an ego.” 
How did you feel when you were asked to be our Campus Cutie? “I was really flattered.” 
What sets you apart from other Campus Cuties? “I’m intelligent; I’m sweet; I’m older; and, I know what I want.”

I'm passionately curious. www.StephanieTinoco.com www.Facebook.com/StephanieTinocoNEWS @tinocosc StephanieTinoco@mail.com
Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.