Game Day Bags for Any Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

From tailgating to cheering in the Swamp to celebrating a Florida victory, Saturdays are packed with places to go and people to see. Keeping up with a clumsy purse just doesn’t fit into the schedule. A game day bag must be functional for standing in the packed student section and able to carry everything a collegiette™ could possibly need for an entire day of football festivities. And if it happens to come in orange and blue, we’re sold. Check out the bags that fit our criteria.

The Backpack
Plush Alligator Backpack, $30

Game days are all about school spirit, and this Gator backpack shows it. These gator-shaped backpacks can be spotted in the stands during games and are functional with adjustable straps and two zipper pockets. The cute design is a lighthearted way to support UF. Try embroidering the stomach for a more personalized look.

The Cross Body Bag
Nixon Max Low Slung Hobo, $45

This cross body bag is the best of both worlds. Large enough to fit all the necessities, it still rests at the hip to allow full arm movement. So when you hear, “touchdown!” there will be no hesitation to throw your arms up and Gator chomp with the rest of the fans. It comes in a perfect shade of Gator blue to compliment your game day attire every week.

The Tote Bag
Vineyard Vines University of Florida Classic Tote, $95

A tote is perfect for carrying anything your heart desires for a full day of football. We love this bag because it can fit an umbrella and a jacket in case of unexpected changes in weather. This carryall is totally functional with a zip-top closure and a waterproof bottom. This bag makes a hectic day so much simpler that you’ll probably want to put it on double-duty and use it for class. Vineyard Vines is very trendy and can be seen across campus in a variety of sizes and colors. The bag has become a game day staple and it is easy to see why — the cute fighting gator pattern adds school spirit in the classiest way!