Entertainment10: Beyoncé, AMAs & Chris Hemsworth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

It’s a week of thanksgiving, and there’s a lot to be thankful for including this week’s Entertainment10! From canceled concerts and possibly canceled TV shows to leaked songs and surprise videos, this week’s E10 does not disappoint.

1. Beyoncé had two new songs leak on the Internet and even released a video for one of the previously leaked tracks. While the world was still absorbing Solange Knowles’ gorgeous wedding photos, Beyoncé surprised us all with a music video following the leak of two tracks from her newly released Beyoncé Platinum Edition Box Set. Beyoncé’s new songs, entitled “Ring Off” and “7/11,” are the only two new songs on the box set, but the set includes four additional remixes. “7/11,” the song Beyoncé released a video for, is a self-made video of Bey recording herself while making everyone wish they could be invited to one of her dance parties. The singer’s new songs and music video can all be seen and heard on her website, and her new box set is out today.

2. The 2014 American Music Awards took place Sunday with Iggy Azalea and One Direction topping the winner’s list. Another big winner was Taylor Swift, who received the Dick Clark Award for Excellence from legendary singer Diana Ross. And of course, in AMA fashion, there were over half a dozen performances. One Direction performed its new song “Night Changes,” and Ariana Grande also graced the AMA stage with two iconic performances. Speaking of memorable performances, Fergie showed the world that she’s back and better than ever when she performed her new song “L.A. Love.” To close out the show, Jennifer Lopez and Azalea performed their hit “Booty” with J.Lo showing off her flawless figure.

3. Say bye bye to Adam Levine, and hello to Chris Hemsworth as Hemsworth becomes 2014’s “Sexiest Man Alive.” The Thor star joins the hottie ranks of Channing Tatum, Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Brad Pitt to name just a few who have all been graced with the title of People’s “Sexiest Man Alive.” The 6’3”, 195 pound hottie was amused by the award, saying, “I found it pretty funny. My wife [Spanish actress Elsa Pataky] did, too. I think you’ve bought me a couple of weeks of bragging rights around the house. I can just say to her, ‘Now, remember, this is what the people think, so, I don’t need to do the dishes anymore — I’m above that. I’ve made it now.’”

4. Janice Dickinson becomes the fifth woman to accuse Bill Cosby of sexual abuse. The former supermodel spoke to Entertainment Tonight saying, “Stuffing feelings of rape and my unresolved issues from this incident has drove me into a life of trying to hurt myself.” Cosby has recently been under fire following multiple allegations that he drugged and sexually assaulted young women who were seeking career guidance. Dickinson additionally claims that she wanted to speak about the abuse in her book but was silenced by publishers and Cosby’s lawyers. While Cosby has been mum on the subject, his lawyer did respond to the former supermodel’s allegations, saying, “Janice Dickinson’s story accusing Bill Cosby of rape is a lie. There is a glaring contradiction between what she is claiming now for the first time and what she wrote in her own book and what she told the media back in 2002…”

5. Tyga reportedly canceled a club appearance after his rumored girlfriend Kylie Jenner was denied entry. The rapper is said to have canceled a pre-birthday appearance at Greystone Manor in West Hollywood following the denial of underaged Jenner into the club, according to TMZ. “Tyga begged and pleaded with promoters to get 17-year-old Kylie admitted — calling several times throughout the day,” TMZ reports. “We’re told he even pushed his arrival time to 1:30 a.m. while trying to negotiate Kylie’s entry.” All of this further fueled rumors that Tyga and the 17-year-old are more than friends. However, Tyga’s alleged actions are contradicted in his recent interview in Vibe magazine; he denies the relationship, saying, “See the thing about Kylie… I’ve known Kylie and the whole family for four years… So everybody’s been cool, but like it’s just so hard; their world is different. If somebody wanna hang out, cool. I’m not opposed to hanging out with somebody.”

6. They’re calling it “Jesus Coming Back From the Dead 2.0” as Zayn Malik reunites with One Direction. Malik joined his bandmates on Tuesday night following his notable absence at the band’s appearance on the Today show in Universal Studios in Orlando as they debuted their fourth studio album, Four. While the One Direction stud only missed the band’s Monday performance at Universal Studios, rumors about his absence quickly spread. One of the rumors came from the Today show host Matt Lauer, who suggested in an interview that Malik went missing due to drug use. The “Steal My Girl” singer didn’t take too kindly to the allegations, telling The Sun, “I’m really angry and upset by what was said on the Today show. I was really ill at the weekend. That’s why I couldn’t fly to America.”

7. The Duggar family faces backlash that calls for their hit show to be pulled off the air. The push for the cancelation of 19 Kids and Counting continues, as a change.org petition demands termination following accused discrimination by the Duggars. The heavily circulated petition reads, “End LGBTQ fear mongering by the Duggars. The Duggars have been using their fame to promote discrimination, hate and fear-mongering against gays and transgendered people. You need to take a stand on the side of justice and cancel their show.” The petition, which was started by a man named Jim Wissick in August, has well over 100,000 signatures. All of this comes after the Duggars allegedly deleted pictures of same-sex couples from their Facebook kissing post, and matriarch Michelle Duggar allegedly recorded a transphobic robocall opposing the Arkansas Anti-Discrimination Bill.

8. Country singers Ty Herndon and Billy Gilman come out as gay. Herdon made the announcement first in interviews with People magazine and Entertainment Tonight. Herndon told People, “I was 10, sitting in church and horrified that I might be a homosexual. Whatever that word meant, I knew that I probably was one. And I know there’s a lot of those kids still out there. Telling my story is an opportunity to help just one of them.” And that he did. Inspired by Herndon, Gilman posted a message to YouTube thanking him for making it easier to share his story. Gilman went on to say he preferred to tell his fans directly, and that is why he chose to record himself and not sit down for an interview.

9. The first installment of the best-selling novel The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 is here! The film premiered on Friday at midnight all across the U.S., and it garnered $17 million in midnight showings aloneI won’t torture you with spoilers if you haven’t already seen the intense, action-packed movie, but I’ll tell you it’s definitely a must-see. If you saw the film and already can’t wait for more, fear not because part two is scheduled to hit theaters in less than a year on Nov. 20, 2015.

10. Jaden and Willow Smith have a somewhat bizarre interview. The famous siblings spoke with T magazine on varying subjects like the flexibility of time, the depression that ensues from going to school, duality of the mind and, of course, new music. The interview, which had many quotable moments from both siblings, sent social media into frenzy. However, the two don’t seem to care what others think. In the interview, Willow made that clear by saying, “Caring less what everybody else thinks, but also caring less and less about what your own mind thinks, because what your own mind thinks, sometimes, is the thing that makes you sad.”

Entertainment10 has graced you with another week of celebrity news. Make sure to come back next week for even more! Thanks for reading, collegiettes. Have a happy Thanksgiving! 

Lauren Crawford is a fourth-year Telecommunications Major with a News Specialization and Sports Management Concentration at the University of Florida. She is pursuing a career in Broadcast Journalism in the fields of entertainment news and sports sews, and is currently the Thursday Sports Anchor for WUFT. She began working for HerCampus because she loves all things pop culture and enjoys writing, especially for an organization that caters to college women. You can find Lauren in her spare time watching reality TV, helping with her sorority, hanging out with friends, traveling, or catching up on the latest football game. She is your Entertainment10 Blogger.
Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.