This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

I spotted this fashionista at the J. Wayne Reitz Union in classic black and white attire. You can never go wrong with a black skirt paired with a plain white button-down shirt. My favorite part about this look is the necklace and the subtle red lip she applied. Black and white will always be right for any occasion — it’s all about how you accessorize it. Adding heels, a brighter lip and even more multi-colored jewelry can completely transform this look for so many different occasions. Keep reading to learn more about this stylish collegiette and the fashion rules she lives by.

Name: Brittany ButlerAge: 21Year: juniorMajor: accountingWhere is your outfit from? “My shirt and my necklace are from LOFT, my skirt is from Kohl’s, and my shoes are from Tory Burch.”Where do you like to shop? “I love Forever 21 and online boutiques like Tobi.”Do you have a celebrity style inspiration? “I love Katherine Heigl’s style.”What do you tend to splurge on? “Definitely shoes.”Do you have any fashion rules when putting an outfit together? “Yes, my No.1 rule is comfort. However, I try to be stylish at the same time, but nothing too over the top. I also follow the rule of not wearing too many bright colors at once.”What is your go-to outfit? “I think I can always rely on those open back dresses like they have at Brandy Melville. They are so simple yet so cute for any occasion.”How would you describe your style? “I guess very simple and chic. I like earthy colors and play with a lot neutral and subtle color tones.”