5 Subscription Boxes To Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Trust me when I say that if you’re into online shopping, you’ll definitely be into subscription boxes. As a self-professed online shopaholic, subscription boxes are the next best thing since free shipping. These are some reasonably priced ones worth a try.

Ipsy –This is my favorite subscription box. I receive it monthly, and get a little too excited when I see the bright magenta package waiting for me. Five beauty products come in a makeup bag with a new design each month for $10. It’s a great way to sample new products that you may not have tried otherwise, and it includes a nice mix of well-known brands and up-and-coming ones. I’ve also received things like beauty blenders, brushes and hair products — I consistently get way more than my money’s worth.

Happy Mail –I’m a big proponent of snail mail. I still go by the Post Office to get stamps for letters, and I’m at my truest form of happiness while in a stationery store. If you feel the same way, then Happy Mail is for you! It usually comes with around 10 letters, stickers and various other stationery-related items. It’s a little bit of a splurge in terms of what it is ($20 with a month-to-month subscription), but it’s a fun one.

PLAY! By Sephora — PLAY! was made for all those enamored with Sephora. It’s another $10 beauty box, but it’s full of deluxe samples that Sephora typically only gives out for point rewards. The products arrive in a cute drawstring bag, and the subscription offers a monthly meet-up in stores for those who want to attend. Not to mention, you get a card for 50 additional reward points with a purchase.

Popsugar Must Have Box — I have to be honest, I’ve only purchased one thing from Popsugar thus far, but it was beyond worth it. At $40, it’s a little steep, but the boxes are usually valued over $100. This definitely falls under the “treat yo self” umbrella, but they’re the kinds of products that you lust after from afar.

Walmart Beauty Box — This box is seasonal and only $5 a pop. That being said, it’s a good way to test if you’re into the subscription box scene. It’s usually only sample-size products, but occasionally they come with a full-size product (I got an $8 Dove product once!). The box comes with a decent amount of coupons too, should you decide to invest in any of the samples you liked.

The world of subscription boxes is endless — there’s one for just about everything you could imagine. I recommend checking out mysubscriptionaddiction.com — it’s a site filled with reviews of just about every box you could think of, in case the ones I’ve tried don’t appeal to you. Best of luck in your subscribing, and may your shipping be fast.