33 Thoughts Someone Who Hates Going Out Has While Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

If you know me, then you know when someone asks me to go out, there’s a 50 percent chance I’ll say “we’ll see” with no intention of going, and a 50 percent chance I’ll say “no.” I’ve been to Midtown approximately twice in my three years here, and I can count on my hands how many times I’ve been downtown. These are my thoughts on what it’s like going out when you hate to go out.

1. I haven’t been out in months. This could be okay, right?

2. As the day carries on, I begin to wonder why I would make the commitment to go.

3. I think of the amount of energy it’ll require when I could be watching Netflix with my pillow pet within an arm’s reach.

4. What will I wear?

5. Must consult the group text.

6. I continue to complain about the upcoming evening for the rest of the day.

7. As the evening approaches, I contemplate where I’ll get food from beforehand.

8. I think that I’d be far more apt to go out if there was assurance that I’d be able to get a snack there.

9. I then participate in my favorite part of the evening — getting ready. By the time I’m done, I’d rather sit around and do nothing.

10. We contemplate if we’ll take the bus or an Uber.

11. That discussion takes an extended period of time.

12. We settle on the Uber.

13. Once we arrive, I feel #blessed that I’m of age and don’t have to don the residue of permanent marker X’s for days.

14. The music is so loud.

15. How is anyone supposed to converse?

16. There are youths everywhere.

17. It’s cold. How are there dudes in shorts and girls in dresses?

18. Is it worth it?

19. I find myself wishing, again, that there were snacks.

20. Even something like Cheetos or chips. I don’t think I’m asking for too much.

21. I smile through the pain as someone steps on my foot without even realizing.

22. Will they charge me if all I want is a Sprite?

23. How are there people who do this every week?

24. Actually, how are there people who do this multiple times a week?

25. I applaud them for having the energy.

26. I check the time and see that it’s past midnight.

27. It’s time.

28. My friends are in agreement, and I am humbled by my joy to leave.

29. We begin the trek to get out the door.

30. Once I’m outside in fresh air, I feel myself starting to relax.

31. I see my building and feel a strange amount of serenity wash over me.

32. I feel like a new person once I’ve taken off my makeup and put on my pajamas.

33. I then recognize the fact that it’s likely that was my one and only trip out for the semester.

To all the ladies who would rather read a magazine or watch Netflix, just know that you are not alone — I’m right there with you.

Photo credit: collegecandy.wordpress.com