sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Essentials You Need for Your Chicest Summer Ever

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

A riveting stress-free summer is still a month or two away, but that’s no excuse not to get prepped for the coming season. Summer can mean adventuring to destinations unknown, strutting around campus for summer classes, slaying the internship game — or staying home and binging endless movies and Netflix shows. One thing’s for sure, though — you need to be comfortable and cute, no matter your plans.

This spring, the Her Campus Tour teamed up with the brands Aéropostale, Tretorn and L’Oréal Paris to bring us the perfect style and beauty essentials for looking cute and feeling comfy this summer. Here’s the breakdown of the treasures the Her Campus Tour brought to our fellow UF Gators — and what you need to grab from these brands to have the chicest and comfiest summer ever!

1. Aéropostale’s colorful and cozy denim  

Aéropostale is the modern, savvy collegiette’s one-stop shop for breathable and beautiful denim. This year at the Her Campus Tour, Aéropostale brought us plenty of bright blue jean jackets that attendees got to try on and model for gorgeous Instagram photos. The jackets were not only stylish, but were also made of breathable denim material that is perfect for those warm days of summer traveling. Aéropostale is definitely our go-to for fresh floral embroidery and silhouettes for any style!

The jeans and jackets feature intricate embroidery, which made them totally unique pieces to sport this summer. Even Aéropostale’s shoes were made of the soft and durable material necessary for cushioning your feet on your next trip to the beach this summer! University of Florida students were raving over these items — and we’re sure you’re also eager to get in on the gorgeous denim pieces Aéropostale has to offer.

2. Tretorn shoes hit the ground running

We all know one thing — no summer is complete without a stylish pair of sneakers, and Tretorn brought the heat at the Her Campus Tour with its large selection of stylish sneakers for any occasion. Whether you’ll be touring exotic locales, skipping along ancient cobblestones or walking through the parking lot after a Target run, you’ll need a trusty pair of sneakers that give you comfort and also double as some serious eyecandy. Let’s be honest — sneakers are a must for everyday, even if it’s not summer. Whether you’re in the mood for a funky iridescent look or going for classic neutral tones, Tretorn is the one-stop shop for all of it. Tretorn even offers trendy espadrilles sneakers, which are perfect for summer, if we do say so ourselves.

Tretorn has curated a collection of sneakers that add a punch of style and uniqueness while maintaining the practicality of a classic sneaker. You can thank Tretorn for bringing style and comfort back to sneakers that will make your look top-tier. It’s time to get to checking out some of their awesome options — you can’t go wrong with metallic touches, interesting colors and classic touches. Check out some of the awesome designs and shoe styles below!

3. L’Oréal Paris makes it easy to get a safe summer glow

If summer embodies one thing, it’s glowing skin. But getting that sun-kissed glow can be uncomfortable and expensive when you need to make frequent visits to the tanning salon. Luckily, the L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze skincare line includes awesome tanning products that deliver a perfect summer glow while being gentle on the skin. But let’s not forget the best part — you’re skipping out on those harmful rays from tanning outside or from using tanning beds.

At the Her Campus Tour, UF collegiettes tested out the L’Oréal Paris’ Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes for themselves. With a quick and convenient swipe once or twice a week, you will gradually develop a tan until you reach your desired color. These nifty towelettes are  easy to apply and travel friendly — so wherever you head for your summer vacay, rain or shine, you’ll have a great tan packed into a trusty neat packet you can throw in your bag. Tour attendees felt even more inspired to get that tropical glow as they had adorable Polaroid photos taken at the L’Oréal Paris’ booth, complete with tropically-inspired greenery, neon decor and lounge-style seating. With a set like that and towelettes to try, attendees were whisked away to a tropical beauty paradise. 

Feeling like a summer goddess may sound far-fetched at first, but after dabbling in all these wonderful products, it’s never been easier. From pretty, breezy clothing items and practical shoes that look like works of art to safe tanning towelettes, the Her Campus Tour delivered every summer essential you could possibly need.

With these products and brands in mind, there’s nothing stopping you from having your most chic, carefree and glow-worthy summer yet!

Iesha Ismail studied as a double major in English and Women's Studies at the University of Florida. Iesha is the High School/Her Future editor, a Feature Writer, and Style Blogger for Her Campus National. She was also the senior editor for Her Campus UFL and senior content editor for UF's Sparks Magazine. She is currently working in editorial for a financial research publication firm, and a guest contributor for Muslim Women Professionals. Iesha loves to observe nature and fashion as inspiration for all kinds writing she's into. Fashion, culture, drawing, and animation are just a few of the passions she plays with on the daily. Whether it's writing colorful stories or sketching in her worn out sketchbooks, Iesha always dabbles in anything art.
UF Class of 2021. Journalism & women's studies. Viviana Moreno is a writer and online creative dedicated to exuding warmth and promoting inclusivity. She creates content that fuels truth and curiosity through her contributions to publications that seek to empower and inform primarily college-aged individuals.
Darcy Schild is a University of Florida junior majoring in journalism. She's the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UFL and was previously a Her Campus national section editor. She spent Summer 2017 as an Editorial Intern at HC headquarters in Boston, where she oversaw the "How She Got There" section and wrote and edited feature articles and news blogs. She also helped create the weekly Her Campus Instagram Story series, Informed AF. Follow her on Twitter and on her blog, The Darcy Diaries.