Style > Beauty

Top 3 Cruelty Free Beauty Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.
Using beauty products that are cruelty free (not tested on animals) is a great and easy way to make your lifestyle more humane. Finding readily available cruelty-free brands can be tricky so here is a list of my top 3 cruelty-free must haves that can be found at stores like Target and CVS.
1)Dr. Bronner’s Hemp Pure-Castile Soap
This soap comes in great scents like lavender and almond that are created by using natural and organic ingredients. Dr.Bronner’s can be used as a shampoo, body wash, deodorant or even mouthwash. The bottle it comes in is huge and a little goes a long way so this is a great product to buy and just to keep around. I love the eucalyptus scent for after working out because the potent and fresh smell helps you feel clean and sweat free.  
2)Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Refreshing Cleansing Gel
This facewash is foaming, smells like oranges, and leaves your face feeling super clean. Overall a great everyday face wash, I especially love it for the morning because of the refreshing citrus scent. 
3)Burt’s Bees Mango Lip Balm
Hands down the best lip balm I have ever used. The scent is great and no matter how chapped or sunburnt my lips are this always makes them super smooth. The other Burt’s Bees flavors are great as well but I find the Mango one to be the most moisturizing.