This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It’s that time of the year again…Sweater weather! (Well, as close to sweater weather as California gets). As the temperature slowly begins to cool many of us will be packing away our favorite summer crop tops and pulling out our warmer layers. Here are the top 7 trends to add to your fall wardrobe: 

Over-The-Knee Boots

Boots are a staple in every girl’s wardrobe. They are both stylish and practical, especially during the cooler fall months. A pair of over-the-knee boots can automatically make your outfit go from a 6 to a 10. They can be dressed up with a dress and jacket or dressed down with a pair of leggings or jeans.

Recommended Brand: Steve Madden 

Plaid

Often associated with school girl outfits or high school uniforms, plaid has become a pattern seen everywhere this fall. It can be found most popularly in jackets, dresses, and skirts. It is the perfect way to add some pattern to any outfit.

Recommended Brands: Brandy Melville, Urban Outfitters 

High Waisted Jeans

High waisted jeans have the ability to accentuate your body in all the right places. When finding the right pair, they can be sleek, stylish, and sophisticated. An added bonus is that they elongate your legs!

Recommended Brand: BDG 

Slip on Sneakers

A girly take on the classic slip on sneaker is all the rage this Fall. The slip on sneaker makes any outfit look cool, and can be paired with a pair of jeans for a casual look or a floral dress for more of a tomboy look. They are extremely stylish, and more importantly they won’t hurt your feet walking to class!

Recommended Brands: Steve Madden, Vans

Suede

Suede (real or faux) can be worn with anything. It is so versatile and can be worn for a shopping day, the office, or going out at night. Suede can be found primarily in jackets, shoes, skirts, and dresses. Suede is the fun, yet sophisticated fabric everyone has been looking for.

Recommended Brands: Jeffrey Campbell, Topshop

Fun Tights

Tights are great because they make any outfit look cuter while simultaneously making sure you don’t freeze while wearing a dress in the Fall. They come in all different colors and patterns, and can be mixed and matched with skirts and dresses of all different styles.

Recommended Brands: Topshop, Nordstrom

Fringe

Nothing says Fall more than fringe. Fringe is no longer just for 1920’s flappers or Halloween costumes, but rather it can be put on anything and everything! Fringe is fun, flirty and needs to be in everyone’s closets!

Recommended Brands: Free People, Urban Outfitters

Lily is a senior at UC Santa Barbara studying Communication and Education. She loves making lists, minimalism, public media, and breakfast foods. Her planner is her best friend.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.