Tomi Lahren Has a Secret Liberal Past

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Tomi Lahren. For those of you who don’t know her, 24-year-old Tomi is the notorious host of TheBlaze, an alt-right political talk show that’s practically gone viral on the internet. Known for her seemingly endless anger at “special snowflakes” and other liberals, Tomi is an unabashedly Trump supporter who has vocalized (very, very loudly) her thoughts on Colin Kaepernick’s silent protest of the national anthem, her distaste of the Women’s March, and so much more. Her appearance as a guest on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah gained a particular amount of attention.

However, for all her outspoken conservative viewpoints, it appears that she hasn’t always wanted to be a figurehead for the alt-right. In fact, just as recent as 2014, Tomi was the host of a political roundtable show for her college, and she expressed some views that are inarguably contrary to her current.

Thanks to Syracuse U student Matt Gehring, the videos have now been uncovered.

Check out his tweets below:

Tamara is a Communication major at University of Califonia, Santa Barbara. Having grown up in the Mojave desert, Tamara can't get enough of the dream weather and natural beauty of Santa Barbara. When not studying or working on her novel, she spends her free time listening to music, crafting, exploring the world around her, and settling into a corner with a good book.
Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay