gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Things Girls Hate About Partying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

We may be considered a “party school,” but that doesn’t mean every girl loves to party…. Here are all the things (some) girls hate about partying:

1. Putting in That Extra Effort to Get Ready

Image via Giphy.com

A lot of girls love the process of getting ready for a party, thinking it’s going to be the best night ever, thinking they’ll meet the perfect boy and dance all their worries away. But sometimes, this pressure and expectation to have the best time ever makes things more disappointing if that doesn’t turn out to be the case. The disappointment of realizing that all that effort turned out to be for no real special reason in the end can be pretty disheartening. 

2. They Can Get Too Rowdy

Image via Giphy.com

It’s all fun and laughs until everyone’s had a little too much alcohol in their systems, the party really gets going, and it starts to get extremely hot and sweaty.

3. Constantly Taking Care of That Forever-Drunk Friend

Image via Giphy.com

I think it’s safe to say that most of us have been “that one friend” at one point or another, but I also think most of us girls can agree that there’s always that one friend who refuses to acknowledge their alcohol intake limit each time you go out. They end up drinking way too much and spoil the rest of the evening because you end up having to take care of them all night.

4. When People Dance Against you

Image via Giphy.com

Not sure if this is a common thing, but I can’t remember the last time I went to a party where I wasn’t basically danced on by couples profusely grinding against one another. In this context, most females would prefer not to be an unwilling third party in this very aggressive and intimate activity.

5. Being Sexually Harassed

Image via Giphy.com

Females don’t appreciate a situation where they’re casually dancing and having fun with their friends and all of a sudden they’re groped and felt up on by some random guy who has decided that it’s okay to dance on them without their permission, especially if they’ve already said “no”. It is incredibly uncomfortable when a guy you don’t know tries to touch you inappropriately or kiss you without your permission, and even more so when he makes more unwarranted aggressive sexual advances towards you.

Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)