This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It’s that time of year again! It’s time to take time out of our day and think about all that we are grateful for.

Some of us Gauchos can throw out 100 things we are grateful for right at the top of our head, and there are some of us, who, well, it takes a while to really think about what we are grateful for. If you’re one of those, I’m here to tell you that there’s no need to stress about listing things that you are grateful for once it’s your turn to say it aloud at the Thanksgiving dinner table.

Here are 5 easy things you should be thankful for as a UCSB Gaucho!

1. SB Menus/IV Menus

Whether you’re just getting home from a long day at work and school or you simply despise the kitchen, SB menus has everything to offer you, from burgers, to Mexican food, to Pho. It’s all you need, through a delivery system!

2. Bill’s Bus!

For a low price of $10 you can get a ride to and from downtown at any given Thursday, Friday, or Saturday! It’s WAY cheaper than a taxi and even Uber!

3. Free Bus rides to Zodo’s!

Every Wednesday you can get a free ride to and from Zodo’s! What’s more fun than a bowling alley? Getting drunk at a bowling alley! Drink up, Gauchos!

4. FreeBirds!

It’s been listed in a variety of food magazines as one of the “must-have” places in California, and it’s just right around the block from you?! Can I get an “Amen?”

5. Free Movie Tuesdays

The movie theaters are expensive and most free movies screen totally outdated films, but not at UCSB. “Free Movie Tuesday” is a quarterly event where every Tuesday at 7PM and 10PM in IV Theater you can watch up to date movie for free!

And there you have it, Gauchos. This Thanksgiving worry about how much turkey and pumpkin pie you’ll be able to eat and not what you’re most grateful for because Her Campus UCSB has got you covered!

Happy feasting!

Elizabeth Vasquez graduated from UC Santa Barbara back in 2016 with a BA in English. Elizabeth currently resides in the Silicon Valley area and works for Modern Luxury Silicon Valley magazine as a marketing & events coordinator. When she isn't working, Elizabeth enjoys dining out with friends, reading a book and spending time with her two dogs. See what she is up to on Instagram: @iamelizabethvasquez and on Twitter: @MissElizabethLV
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.