A Simple Way to Change the World (Through Your Very Own Wardrobe)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Why not update your summer wardrobe with cute clothes by helping change lives around the globe while you’re at it?

Serengetee (pronounced Serengeti, like the desert) has a simple mission – to connect people around the world through unique and colorfully-printed fabrics by giving back to the communities that inspired them. This includes supporting the local artisans who create the fabrics for these pocket tees. Serengetee is a rapidly growing clothing company that gives its customers the opportunity to directly help others in need, and reflects this concept in its own slogan: “Wear the world. Change the world.”

What makes Serengetee so special?

Started by just 3 college students who found inspiration through the Semester at Sea program in Fall of 2011, Serengetee has grown since and currently supports 32 causes around the globe, each working toward helping others lead better lives. These causes include promoting access to improved healthcare and education, or fighting human trafficking and forced labor. It’s a fun and easy way to look good, and help others while you’re at it! Not only is Serengetee a very recognizable and distinguishable brand, but it also makes the perfect go-to outfit that looks good with pretty much anything.

And one of the coolest parts of Serengetee? The network keeps getting bigger. With some of the staff currently in South America visiting Brazil and Chile, more and more hand-picked, unique fabrics are added to the collection every few months from places all over the world.

How much of my purchase will go to charity?

5% of all customer purchases will go toward a foundation of the Serengetee’s respective region or country, each of which has its own unique fabric pocket print.

Are there any discount codes I can use?

Yes! I am currently one of Serengetee’s Campus Brand Ambassadors for the Summer of 2014. For a 15% off discount code, follow this link. Keep checking Her Campus UCSB for promo codes, giveaways, and more throughout the summer. If you have any questions or want more information, you can also email me at allisonschen@umail.ucsb.edu.

How can I help or get involved?

The easiest way to make an impact on others’ lives is by simply buying a Serengetee to support a cause! There are also several opportunities to become a Campus Brand Ambassador for Serengetee as well. Keep checking on the website for updates on when and how to apply for this position if interested.

Website/Social Media: http://www.serengetee.com

LIKE & Follow! Facebook, Twitterand Instagram

Allison is a Global Studies major at the University of California, Santa Barbara. She is the Assistant Editor at Her Campus UCSB a contributor to the chapter's Instagram, @hercampusucsb. Allison believes that life is about balances, but that you can never have too many breakfast burritos. You can follow Allison's personal Instagram at @allycnco for life around Santa Barbara, good eats, and travels!
Maya is currently a third year Communications major at UCSB and a San Francisco native. As an previous editorial intern for HC and current Campus Correspondent, Maya loves to write about her NOMtastic food endeavors and the laid back fashion and style of California. With an interest in magazine editorial writing and public relations, Maya plans to pursue these fields as she continues to add a little more spice to every Collegiate’s life!