Not A Morning Person? Here’s The Playlist You Need.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

We can all agree: 8am classes are the worst. They’re right down there with cockroaches, moldy apples, and unflushed toilets.

The best thing you can possibly do when the morning is killing you (besides getting better sleeping habits, but let’s be honest, those are things of the past) is keep yourself pumped – and nothing does that like some good, upbeat music.

1. Jess Glynne – Hold My Hand

What better song to start off your morning? It’s upbeat, positive, and super catchy.

2. Weezer – Wind In Our Sail

Simple song? Perfect beat? And those SoCal beach vibes? What more could you want?

3. Ariana Grande – Greedy

Try listening to this song without dancing. Just try. Impossible, right?

4. American Authors – Best Day Of My Life

Sure, this song can be too upbeat if you’re a morning grouch, but the promises of a great day are so…promising. 5. Kelly Clarkson – Since U Been Gone

Maybe it’s the nostalgia. Maybe it’s the melody. Either way, this song is fun.6. Maroon 5 – Wake Up Call

Okay, so the song may not be about a literal wake up call, but the vibes of this song are so fun and funky you just have to move to the beat.7. AWOLNATION – Burn It Down

I pinky promise: this song will get you excited and pumped like no other.Know any other A+ wake up songs?  Leave a comment for your fellow zombies—I mean, sleepy collegiates.

Tamara is a Communication major at University of Califonia, Santa Barbara. Having grown up in the Mojave desert, Tamara can't get enough of the dream weather and natural beauty of Santa Barbara. When not studying or working on her novel, she spends her free time listening to music, crafting, exploring the world around her, and settling into a corner with a good book.
Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay