gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Fun Date Ideas in Santa Barbara

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, many couples, or soon-to-be couples, will be venturing out into Santa Barbara in search of the best date spot. This February, instead of doing the usual dinner and a movie, here are five different date ideas for you and your significant other to use on Valentine’s Day, or even any other day of the year!

1. Santa Barbara Zoo

Because who doesn’t love animals, and a day at the zoo could never be boring. Open everyday 10 am- 5pm, and tickets are $17 each.

2. Kayaking

For those feeling adventurous and don’t mind the cold ocean water right now. At the Santa Barbara Sailing Center student discounts are available and a single kayak is only $10 per kayak, while a double is $20 per hour. Life vests and paddles are included!

3. Rock Climbing

For those without a fear of heights, ready to have a unique and fun date. Santa Barbara Rock Gym has a day pass for $15, plus all rental fees

4. West Wind Drive-In Theater 

Okay, this one is still seeing a movie, but how often do you get to say you went to a drive-in move theater? This will be a completely different movie experience. Be sure to bring snacks and blankets for ultimate comfort. Admission is $7.95.

5. Wine Tasting

For those that are 21 and love wine, this date will not disappoint. Whether you are an expert or a novice, the Santa Barbara Urban Wine Trail is enjoyable for all. Take a break from the college scene, relax, and swirl your wine like the experts.

Happy Dating, Gauchos! 

Lily is a senior at UC Santa Barbara studying Communication and Education. She loves making lists, minimalism, public media, and breakfast foods. Her planner is her best friend.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.