This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

This past weekend, October 7, 8, and 9, was the 30th annual California Avocado Festival in Carpenteria. Admission to the festival is always free and gives avocado lovers a chance to explore all things avocado and support local organizations. You can buy anything from beautiful handmade crafts and clothing to avocado lotions and a variety of avocado based foods. And I do mean a variety. There was avocado ice cream, sandwiches with avocado, and, for those who like fried foods, deep fried guac. The mood of the festival is made perfect thanks to the local artists performing at each of the three stages located around the festival. A word of warning though, the festival is fairly small in comparison to other similar festivals, so do not go prepared to spend several hours at the event. It was still very enjoyable, and I would definitely recommend going for the food and the memories you can make with friends!

Deyana Gorman is a second year pre-biology major at the University of California Santa Barbara from Simi Valley, California. Outside of writing for Her Campus, Deyana can usually be found watching her favorite youtubers, hanging out with friends, playing video games, brushing up on her photography skills, or doing activities with her sorority sisters. She plans on one day studying abroad in Italy, Ireland, and Australia as well as going on road trip adventures throughout California.
Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay