This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Get ready to set sail and meet this week’s campus cutie!

Name: Jack Holbrook

Nickname: People on the sailing team call me Tony, but people on my floor call me Peter because I act like Peter Pan.

Age: 19

Year: 1st

Major: Pre-Biology

Hometown: Shoreline, Washington

Relationship Status: Single

Horoscope: Taurus

Campus Involvement: UCSB Club Sailing, SBC LTER

When did you first start sailing and why? I was 11 when I started sailing up in the Pacific Northwest because it sounded like fun. My parents put me in it and my dad also sails.

Whats your favorite thing about sailing? I like being able to go to different places and meet new people. It also challenges me both mentally and physically.

What do you look for in a girl? I like someone with common interests and look for a girl who is ambitious, enjoys the sciences, and appreciates my sense of humor.

Whats the first thing you notice about a girl? The first thing I notice about a girl is her eyes.

Turn-Ons: Dimples, nice smile, outdoorsy, adventurous, friendly, and generous.

Turn-Offs: People who are uptight, rude to others, and/or overconfident.

Ideal Date: My ideal date starts with getting a cup of coffee. Then we would go to the beach where we can grab beers, lay in a hammock, and talk.

Pick-up Line:

I wish you were a derivative so I can lie tangent to your curves.

or

Hey, if you were a pirate, would your parakeet be on your right shoulder or your left shoulder? [puts arm around shoulder]

Whats your spirit animal? It’s always been an otter because it’s cute and holds hands when it sleeps.

Travel Destination: Alaska or Norway. I want to go somewhere North during the Spring, Summer, or Fall because it’s light all the time.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I’ve hopefully completed my masters and/or medical school.

Shannie Kuo is a graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara, and has a degree in English. Her passions include health, fitness, photography, and food and she always strives to look for balance within her life. She enjoys going to the farmers market, discovering new coffee shops, and meeting new people. She hopes to find a career that will reflect her passions and allow her to connect with people nationwide.
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)