Campus Cutie: Brett Johnson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Name: Brett Matthew Johnson
Year: First year
Hometown: San Diego
Major: Economics/Accounting
Relationship Status: Single
Favorite Food: Chocolate chip waffles
Favorite Song: “Big Jet Plane” by Angus and Julia Stone and “Move On” by Jet
Most Played Itunes Song: “Shooting Stars” by Bag Raiders
Fun Fact: I sweat when I eat spicy foods.
Describe your dream girl: A girl with a pretty smile, nice hair, pretty eyes, and anywhere from 5’6-5’8.  She has to have an upbeat, spunky, and outgoing personality. She needs to know how to hold a conversation and be confident in herself–but not to the point of cockiness. She has to be independent, always find a way to make me smile, and be on good terms with her family. She has to be intelligent, genuine, emotionally strong, and athletic. She needs to like Fleetwood Mac. That’s a must.
Biggest turn-off: When girls crack their backs/knuckles, smoke cigarettes, over-confidence
Most romantic gesture: One day early in the morning, I went over to my lady friend’s house and made her scrambled eggs, crepes, and fresh squeezed orange juice, and gave her breakfast in bed.  After we ate the breakfast together, I drove her out to a spot to hike and have a picnic on the top of a mountain. We hiked to the top, and I pulled out a bottle of wine, cheese and crackers, and sandwiches, and we enjoyed the view. After we ate, we went back to my house, snuggled up, and watched a movie to end the day. 
Favorite restaurant in IV: Angry Wings
Favorite pick-up line: Am I cute enough yet? Or do I need to buy you another drink?
Post-College Plans: After college, I plan on taking a year off of school to travel around Europe, then apply for and, hopefully, attend grad-school. 
Special skills: Juggle, backflip, play saxophone, clarinet, trumpet

What do you love most about UCSB?
Great weather, right next to the beach, and the friendliness of the UCSB community

What’s your most embarrassing moment?
My dad used to give my friends and I construction and demolition jobs for his company.  One day over summer, my friends and I were doing a job in a shopping center.  It was very hot, so I had taken off my shirt. One of my friends saw this and thought it would be a funny time to pants me.  He super pants-ed me, and a whole shopping center saw me butt-naked with my shorts around my ankles.  To make things worse, I tried to chase him before pulling up my pants and fell flat on my face. I think I brightened up a lot of people’s days though. 

Are you involved in any off-campus activities?
I am in Greek life and intramural softball.

What else do you like to do in your spare time?
Play basketball at the Rec Cen, shoot guns at the range, surf, and snowboard

What do you look for in a girl?
Outgoing, confident,  has a close group of friends, makes eye contact, genuine, positive attitude

Name one thing on your bucket list:
Visit the Pyramids of Giza

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 
In 10 years, I plan on opening a tea shop, which my wife will run while I travel the world in search of the finest tea leaves this world has to offer. 

If you could choose next week’s campus cutie, who would it be and why?
If I could choose the next campus cutie, I would have to choose Salvador Valdovinos. He is a great frisbee-golf player and an even better chess player. He’s a super nice guy who’s great at holding a conversation. He can always make people laugh, he’s bilingual (dope), and is a great singer. He’s got it all.

University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus