This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Name: Benton Miller

Age: 18

Hometown: Chico, CA,

Major: Physics

Relationship Status: Single

Celebrity Crush:

Emma Watson

Hobbies:

I love to have adventures outside; I like training with the triathlon team, surfing, kayaking, slacklining, backpacking, and traveling.

Instruments you play:

Guitar, ukulele, and some piano.

Favorite music genre:

Classic rock, Progressive rock, Alternative.

Favorite food:

Probably burritos. But I haven’t encountered a food I haven’t liked.

What do you first notice about girls, and why?

I’ll really take notice of a girl is she is kind to others, open, genuine, and willing to go on adventures. It’s really some combination of those traits that draws me toward someone.

Dislikes:

I tend not to like people who are very absorbed in their reputation and are constantly concerned about their social standing. Also, too much gossip and/or drama is a big turn off.

Ideal first date:

Eat some good food at a restaurant in IV and have a nice conversation, then walk on the beach or on the cliffs, and possibly finish the night off by watching the sunset from the treehouse.

Where could girls find you on the weekend?

By day: At campus point, or DLG (I spend at least an hour there per meal).

By night: Possibly hitting up IV or hanging out with my friends in Santa Rosa.

Instagram:

@benton_miller_

What do you hope will happen when this article is posted?

I don’t have any expectations, but I’d love to meet some really chill and down-to-earth people who could make living at UCSB even better.

Cheyenne is a first-year UCSB student currently studying Communication and Environmental Studies. She is a third-culture kid who grew up in Dubai, UAE and therefore loves to travel and challenge the different social constructs that exist within our world. She enjoys writing, exercising, fashion, film, and is a total foodie. You can find her on Instagram @cheyennekab.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.