Profile: Roz Chast, Author and Cartoonist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Rosalind “Roz” Chast is a staff cartoonist for The New Yorker and on Sunday, January 24, will be making an appearance at UCLA.  Chast will be talking about her newest book, “Can’t We Talk About Something More Pleasant,” which tells the story of her parents and the final years of their life.

Chast has come a long way in her career, with a lot of her cartoons displaying a comedic fashion of family. As a published author, her writings are reflected from her personal life, and usually contain a message for the reader, whether it is enjoying the simple things in life or more of not taking life too seriously in the form of a comedic message. Achieving great success, she has won the Kirkus Prize and National Book Critics Circle Award for her book “Can’t We Talk About Something More Pleasant” and continues to publish cartoons in The New Yorker, Scientific American and Harvard Business Review.

Tickets are available to see Roz Chast at Royce Hall.

Photo courtesy of www.nj.com

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.