HC UCLA Teams Up with Save the Ta-Tas to Inform Bruins about Ta-ta Health!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

While breast health may seem like something that you don’t need to worry about until you’re much older, establishing good Ta-Ta habits now could be crucial to recognizing if something is wrong in the future. So, HC UCLA has partnered with breast cancer awareness brand, Save the Ta-Tas to spread awareness to our very own Bruins!

Doctors recommend starting monthly breast exams between the ages of 18 and 20 (that means now!) after the end of your period so that you make it a routine. They also recommend that women get a clinical breast exam every three years starting at age 20. The Ashe Center offers women’s wellness exams and they can be booked online so make an appointment before you leave for the summer if you haven’t had a clinical exam before.

Risk factors for breast cancer include a family history of breast cancer, obesity and excessive alcohol consumption (Ehem! Hello Pint Night Tuesday’s and Thirsty Thursdays!), so it is important to assess your lifestyle choices and their affect on your health and pay special attention to exams if you have a relative that has had breast cancer.

Bruinettes flaunted their support for the fight against breast cancer by sporting Save the Ta-Tas shwag including t-shirts, key chains, buttons, and spiffy totes!  We found that Bruins just can’t live without Ta-tas!

To find out more information about Save the Ta-Ta’s and their mission and to snatch up some cool TaTa products, check out their website at www.savethetatas.com!

Madeline Hunt is a senior at UCLA majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Spanish. Originally from the laidback beach-town of Santa Barbara, the California native finds the fast-paced nature and eccentricity of LA extremely exciting. Once more, she decided to expand her horizons when she studied abroad this past fall in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Madeline wants to pursue a career in the entertainment industry and is considering broadcast journalism and public relations as potential options. On campus, she is currently the Public Relations & Marketing Director for the student- run organization Fashion and Student Trends and an intern at E! News. She served as an entertainment reporter on UCLA’s accredited student newspaper, The Daily Bruin, under the video division and is a current member of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority. During her free time, she enjoys playing tennis, exercising, going to the beach, shopping (online shopping will be the death of her!), reading Glamour and Cosmo, eating Mexican food and sushi, spending time with her friends, practicing her Spanish, and satisfying her weakness for caffeine with Starbuck’s lattes.