Handbag Essentials: For College Fashionistas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

We’ve all been there. We grab our handbag, throw in a few items, and later realize that we’ve left something that we really needed behind. As a college student, it is challenging to distinguish between essentials and superfluous items that just add excess weight to a bag. Well, I am here to help! Below is a list of handbag essential for any female college student. I am sure this list will help you say “Oh no! I forgot that!” a lot less often. 

1. Small Wallet
  2. Student ID 
  3. Notepad & Pen
  4. Small Pack of Tissues
  5. Portable Phone Charger
  6. Hairbrush 
  7. Cellphone 
  8. Headphones
  9. Sunglasses 
  10. Lipstick
  11. Lipgloss  
  12. Hand Sanitizer 
  13. Tylenol 
  14. Gum/Breath Mints

Rachel Bernard is a freshman at UCLA and pursuing a degree in Communication Studies.  Besides being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCLA, Rachel has a style blog called Miss City Chic, which she uses as a creative outlet to connect her interests in fashion, photography, and digital design. Rachel loves anything trendy and fashion-related. She also enjoys exploring the LA community. Her favorite hotspots in LA are Sprinkles Cupcakes, Kitson, Runyon Canyon, and The Ivy Restaurant. Email: rkbernard@comcast.netWebsite: www.misscitychic.com
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.