Celebrity Sighting: The Mindy Project

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

At UCLA, we have the closest proximity to all of Hollywood’s favorite stars. The perk? Celebrity sightings. This week, the cast of The Mindy Project was spotted near Kerckhoff.

On Nov 11, celebs Mindy Kaling, Chris Messina, and Ike Barinholtz stopped for a few pics with some lucky UCLA students. You may know them better as Mindy, Danny, and Morgan from the televisions show The Mindy Project, now in its third season. The show follows Mindy as an OB/GYN through her personal social life and her professional work life.

The cast was here for the majority of the day on Veteran’s Day. Near the Court of Sciences, a sign could be seen proclaiming that past this point you may be captured on camera. Catering trucks and various studio vehicles lined the streets, filled with equipment for the crew. Near Moore Hall, tables were set up for a presumable eating area for the filmers. The filming area itself was on Kerckhoff patio where a display of studio lights and cords and filming tools were arranged.

Around 2 p.m., students lined up outside of Mindy Kaling’s trailer to try to catch a glimpse of her. Once she emerged, the fans waited in line as she walked by on her way to the set. She kindly went down the line and took selfies with the eager college students while wearing a pink outfit and grey slippers. Pictures with the actors were taken throughout the afternoon.

If you’re a movie/tv buff and want to snap a pic with some of your favorite actors, you can follow Celebrity Sightings at UCLA on Facebook for tips and recaps on where to find the stars.

Check out these Instagram photos:

Lindsay was the president/editor-in-chief of the UCLA chapter of Her Campus from 2015-2018. She was previously the Viral Section Editor at Her Campus and an Editorial Intern at the headquarters in Boston. Lindsay grew up in Washington state and transitioned to love the Southern California sunshine while studying communications and environmental science at UCLA. Twitter: @WeinbergLindsay.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.