Campus Style: Kimberly Garcia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Marilyn Monroe once said, “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.” When it comes to Kimberly Garcia, she takes the world by storm with the just the right outfit. Kim always finds her way to start the day with her favorite outfit choices and finds a way to make her own world shine. Let’s take a sneak peek into her closet and find some of her favorite outfits.

1. How would you consider your fashion taste?

To be honest even though this sounds super cliché I would say I’m a mix in between everything, some days I like to dress in girlier clothes than other days, but really I just like to dress comfortable. I love dressing simple and casual. Ready for any event that I might run into.

1. What is a must have in your closet?

A must have would be UCLA gear because I’m all about representing my school. I take pride in going to UCLA. I have socks, t-shirts, tanks, shorts everything there is to it.

1. What does your fall fashion consist of?

I love wearing thick sweaters, leggings, jackets, scarves, and beanies. A really big must have for me during the fall are the typical accessory: UGGS!

1. How do you decide your outfit for the day?

It really depends on how sunny or cloudy it seems. My mood partially also decides what my outfit of the day is.

1. Compare your style from back then to now.

When I was younger, I hated wearing skirts and my mom would get mad at me about it. I used to just wake and pick anything from my closet. Now I am really challenged when it comes to choosing what to wear. Even though people say it doesn’t matter what you wear, I personally feel it does because I feel it speaks for who I am. I feel my taste represents my personality and everyone knows personality is the most important trait of a person.

1. Do you look up to any fashion icons?

I really like the way Zooey Deschanel dresses, I feel her fashion taste suits her. I also really like Kylie Jenner’s taste as well. I enjoy watching what her fashion wear on her tumblr page is. I’m not a big fashionista but I do look up to their styles just to know what’s going on with the new generation. And I love searing those #OOTDS on Instagram!

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.