Campus Cutie: Zach Martinucci

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

What year are you at UCLA? Major? Career goals? Life hopes, dreams, and wishes? (just kidding on that last one, but if you’ve got anything for me go for it!)

I’m a second year studying Anthropology (and hopefully with an Italian minor). I’m passionate about connecting people, exploring new cultures, storytelling, and inspiring others, among a variety of other things. I don’t know where this is going to lead me, but I think I’d like to pursue a career in Marketing, or Advertising, or Social Entrepreneurship, where I can really connect to the human side of business and make an impact for people on a personal level.

Where are you from?

Burlingame, CA (just south of San Francisco — It’s the city the airport’s in.)

If you could describe yourself in a few words, what would you say?

My tagline would probably be: Cruise Director. Old Soul. Coca-Cola Enthusiast. I’m a pretty charismatic person and I love exploring other people’s passions. My friends call me a Cruise Director as I always seem to have an icebreaker question or game ready for any situation, and love being able to bring people together. I’m also secretly 41-years-old at heart (I was 40 last year), but despite being particular and unintentionally making “dad jokes,” I like to think I’m wise, and will one day be the cool dad… you know, that uses the hashtags and the Snapchat. Coca-Cola Enthusiast is becoming more and more self-evident as the collection continues to grow. The brand just makes me happy.

What has been your best experience as a UCLA student so far?

My entire summer working as a New Student Advisor for UCLA New Student Orientation was my greatest experience here so far. I felt so proud and honored to be able to show off the school to our new students, and welcome them to my home week after week. I also found a family in the Orientation Staff, and am grateful for the opportunity to have met so many incredible people and create memories with them all summer.

If you could time travel, what period would you visit and why?

I’m fascinated by many periods in history, but I would most like to go back to the early 1900s to visit my ancestors as they were deciding to immigrate from Italy and Poland to the United States. It’s a small moment in the grand scheme of things, but I’d be curious to see the workings of a life-changing decision that brought my family to where we are now.

What is your favorite thing to do in LA?

My favorite local thing to do, time after time, is visiting The Getty. It’s such an incredible place, and has been a part of many of my favorite experiences and memories in my time at UCLA. I love giving tours to friends who have never been, relaxing with others, people watching, and using it as a quiet place to study or escape from school every now and then.

What is your current pump up song of the moment? (we all have one, come on)

My all-time, favorite pump up song is “Hey Ya!” by OutKast. Whenever I need a strong start to my day or just a pick-me-up, I turn on “Hey Ya” and dance for the full four minutes of the song. If we’re being completely honest, though, the pump up song that’s defining my fall quarter is “Real Gone” by Sheryl Crow. There’s just something about the title track from Disney Pixar’s Cars that really gets me going. I’ve only played it four times this quarter though (3 of which were before midterms) because I’m afraid that it will lose it’s power if I overplay it.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.