Campus Cutie: Shane Fox

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Meet Shane Fox, a 2nd year double-majoring in MIMG and Economics. When he isn’t running off to class, you can probably catch him and his friends on the jumbotron at UCLA football and basketball games; they have the tendency of making it onto the screen.

What is your favorite spot on campus?

My favorite spot on campus would have to be anywhere with a view; the top of Jan Steps, the bridge between Anderson and Northern Lights, and the deck outside of BPlate are only a few of the many spots on campus which cause me to take a moment to truly appreciate the beauty of UCLA.

Where did you grow up, and how do you think that shaped the person you are today?

I grew up in Laguna Niguel, a suburban community in South Orange County. Laguna Niguel and other surrounding cities have a variety of affluent neighborhoods full of luxurious cars and beautiful homes. As a result, I have become very appreciative of the great number of opportunities I was given going to high school in a wealthier school district. Furthermore, I have come to appreciate the calm, quiet environment of Laguna Niguel. It’s one of the things I look forward to the most when I visit home.

What is your favorite thing to do or see in LA?

Two of my favorite things to do in LA are attend concerts on the Sunset Strip and to visit the Griffith Observatory.

What is one thing most people don’t know about you?

Most people don’t know I played bass in a metal band with a few of my friends during high school. We wrote about seven or eight of our own songs, and we even played at the Whisky A Go Go right here in LA.

Do you have a role model? Someone you look up to or aspire to be one day?

Even though they are not real people, I would have to say my biggest role models are comic book characters such as Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne. Wayne and Stark are both ordinary men who use the tools they are born with to do extraordinary things. I may not have a genius level IQ or billions of dollars at my disposal, but I still aspire to achieve as much as I can within my lifetime with my own skills and talents.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.