Campus Cutie: Katelyn Kenzy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Katelyn Kenzy

Year: First

Major: Biology 

Hometown: Riverside, CA

What are you involved with at UCLA?
I’m involved with Hooligan Theater Company because I really like theater and playing piano too. I’ve been playing piano since I was six. So when I’m in Hooligan I’m able to play piano for them sometimes, I’m able to sing, and I’m able to do a little dancing and acting. And I just really enjoy doing all of those things, so it combines them all. 

What’s your favorite place on campus?
I really like Charles E. Young Library because it’s really comfortable. There are these couches in the middle where you can sit and work. It’s really quiet, and it’s in a really nice part of campus (well all of campus is really nice!). I just like the environment there. 

What do you miss most about home?
I really miss having a bed on the floor instead of a bunk bed. And the water pressure is so difficult here – that’s a struggle for sure. 

What’s one thing you’re passionate about?
I really like helping people, that’s why my long shot dream is to become a doctor. UCLA has helped me through my GE cluster that I’m in, the aging cluster. I volunteer at a daycare facility for older people and it was really nice to be able to interact with them and just to know that I was able to help them one-on-one. 

What’s your weirdest quirk?
I really like showing my friends weird videos that I find on Youtube. I will constantly bother them while they are working (and sometimes while I am supposed to be working!) to try to show them videos. That’s a really weird quirk. And I know it gets annoying but I do it anyways because I want to share my happiness with the world. 

Photos courtesy of Katelyn Kenzy and Hooligan Theater Company. 
Lindsay was the president/editor-in-chief of the UCLA chapter of Her Campus from 2015-2018. She was previously the Viral Section Editor at Her Campus and an Editorial Intern at the headquarters in Boston. Lindsay grew up in Washington state and transitioned to love the Southern California sunshine while studying communications and environmental science at UCLA. Twitter: @WeinbergLindsay.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.