This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Rach Ronz! She’s a first year nursing major here at UCLA from Santa Cruz, California. On a regular day you can probably catch her soaking up rays at the beach, hanging out with her sorority sisters, or pumping up the crowd with the rest of the UCLA Cheer Team! 

What first got you into cheerleading?

In elementary school I did dance and gymnastics, and then I began doing competitive cheerleading, which is basically a combination of both!

What is your favorite stunt?

My favorite stunt is a cupie – it is when a boy holds me in the air and I stand on one of his hands!

What are the best and worst things about game day?

The best thing about game day is definitely getting to watch the games from the best seat in the house! Also traveling is a lot of fun and being able to represent UCLA is an awesome feeling! Worst thing about game day is that it can be difficult balancing school, the demanding hours of being on the cheer team as well as being in a sorority. The hard work is worth it though!

How do you prepare for game day?

I get a good night’s rest! Our game days usually start at 5 AM and do not end until late at night! They are long yet fun days – sleep is necessary!

How do you do your makeup for game days?

Basically just normal makeup! Some foundation, bronzer, a little light brown/nude eye shadow, mascara, and pink or red lip color! Wam Bam! Quick and easy, nothing crazy! A lot of girls [on the cheer team] do curls in their hair but I just go simple and straight. Occasionally I will add a little braid but nothing extreme or too difficult!  I’m definitely a minimalist.

Any tips for the perfect makeup application?

The ultimate secret to wearing foundation is having hydrated skin! Exfoliate the night before you plan on wearing makeup and then apply a good quality moisturizing crème! Dry skin is never good.

Have you had any embarrassing moments while cheering?

One time I forgot an entire dance routine right in front of the student section!

Sharni is a first-year Art major with a focus on photography and a love for everything the So-Cal lifestyle has to offer. Her hobbies include playing tennis, exploring, and spending time with her Kappa Kappa Gamma sisters.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.