Campus Celebrity: Eva Luna

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Campus Celebrity: Eva Luna

If you want to be a celebrity, you have to show the world your confidence and not be afraid of anything that comes your way. Eva Luna is no stranger when it comes to performing in public. In fact, she has performed numerous times in front of large audiences as she was a color guard in high school. Eva is a team player and that is what makes people enjoy being around her positive vibes. If she is able to perform in front of hundreds of students, one could only image where her confidence will take her in the future.

1. What made you become interested in color guard?

I started out in the orchestra program in my high school. I would see a couple of girls practicing color guard daily while working with orchestra and it really caught my eye and interest. As time passed, my interest grew more and that was when I knew I officially wanted to join my school’s color guard team.

1. What is your favorite color guard memory?

Right before competition, you feel so nervous because you are about to perform in front of the judges and audience. The feeling of butterflies in your stomach is just so exhilarating. Then once it is show time, you go out and give it your all. So I would have to say that my favorite memory would be the performances itself.

1. Are you considering joining UCLA’s color guard (band) team?

I was considering it for a while. Now as a college student, I feel that it would be overwhelming and my priority is my schoolwork. I do still miss color guard and will always cherish the memories and experience.

1. Did you bring anything from color guard to UCLA, asides from your stellar confidence?

I used to be very shy and ever since color guard, I overcame my shyness. I also learned to manage my time very wisely and that skill is very helpful when I have to manage my time here at UCLA. I first became determined to give it my all on the field and now my determination takes place off the field and into my academics.

1. What does teamwork mean to you?

It is, of course, working together and cooperating with one another to order to get where you need to be. You can succeed with a coordination of collaboration and I honestly like to believe that is how we won first place in some competitions.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.