Bruin Basketball Against Oregon Ducks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Last Thursday night made an interesting, yet dramatic night for UCLA’s Men Basketball. The Bruins took on the University of Oregon Ducks right at home in Pauley Pavilion. This game was already expected to be intense, as it was predicted by many to be a close one. Students lined up as early as four in the morning for tickets that were to be distributed at 6:30 am. Key players Jordan Adams and Kyle Anderson were suspended for Thursday’s game against the Ducks for violating team rules. At half time, the Ducks were in the lead 51-37, so the pressure was on for the Bruins to surpass them in the last half. The game went into double overtime, ending when the Ducks made five out of six free throws in the last seconds of the second overtime. The Bruins suffered a stunning, yet such close loss to the Ducks with the final score of 87-83. Bruins still have a chance for a victory for their last home game against the Oregon State Beavers on Sunday, March 2 in Pauley. 

From Mississippi to California! Freshman at UCLA :) Class of 2017! Go Bruins! Writer at Her Campus UCLA, member of Tri Delta!
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.