5 Tips to Help You Make It Through To Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

As the weeks roll by, not only are you stressed about your grades, sleep, how much food is left in your refrigerator, how many swipes you have left, but also question yourself and ask “How will I ever make it to finals?!”. Do not fret, here are some ways to make it through to finals week!

1.) Plan.

The quarter is ending and that means all those assignments said you have the whole quarter to due, is actually due now. Plan out every single day; when you are going to do assignments, extracurricular, and even sleep! By writing down a game plan, you are more likely to do most of the your assignments.

2.) Buddy Up!

Even if you haven’t made friends with the person you always sit in the same row in at discussion, start talking! Most likely the other person will be struggling too and by working together through problems or concepts, you may grasp the topic better. Also, if the person happens to understand it, they are helping you by tutoring and helping themselves by reviewing the material.

3.) Shop

This is for those who just need to let their frustration out by shopping. With the holiday deals rolling by with Black Friday, you can shop without breaking your whole wallet! Window shop, grocery shop, online shop, whatever shopping you do, treat yourself and take your mind off academics.

4.) Take A Walk

We all known getting some gym time and sleep is always essential to our well being, but sometimes we just do not have the time for it. However, after hours staring at the book or your laptop it is vital to take a break and stretch. After Sitting drearily in a musky library, some fresh air outside will wake you up and get you back on track for studying!

5.) Don’t Forget to Eat

Some of us are so busy cramming that we substitute coffee for all three of our meals. Although we may have that energy for a limited amount of time, the energy will die off and our body will be lacking nutrients. With the lack of nutrients we are more likely to get sick and deprive our brain the energy it needs to memorize those concepts for class. Do yourself a favor and feed your mind and body!

“Progress is never easy, but always possible, and things DO get better” –Joe Biden 

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com