5 Easy Apartment Decorating Shortcuts – Minimal Effort, Maximum Fun!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Sure, it may be the nature of women to have nesting instincts and be uncannily skilled at dressing up a home…but it’s not always easy to get your bum off the couch and get it done. Here are some easy shortcuts to decorating your place with minimal effort, so you still have time and energy to go out and conquer your life (or, let’s be real, sit at home and enjoy How I Met Your Mother…no regrets).

1. Washi Tape

I don’t want to play this up too much, but lowkey, this is a gift from the Heavens. Washi Tape is an adorable and super easy way to put some color on the wall and literally make it as personalized as you want! You can even cover your phone chargers, keyboards, and basically anything with it. (Shout out to my dearest roomie for showing me the way of the Washi lifestyle)

2. Mason Jars

I think if you just even took a plain mason jar and filled it with some sand, it would already look pretty freaking arsty. So really any other bows or flowers you may use it for is really just a cherry on top.

3. A Couple Decorative Pillows

Even if your couch or bedding is really plain, just adding one or two patterned pillows make the entire scenery look planned and classy. A little goes a long way!

4. Faux Decorate with Picture Frames

A picture frame is one of the easiest ways to “decorate”. It’s not really art, but at the same time it totally is.

5. A Trendy Looking Clothes Rack

Nothing says stylish NYC apartment more than a clothes rank in the living room filled with your best looking dresses! Caution though, it’s kind of easy to start filling it with junk, so maybe try to keep it as more of a display piece than your main clothing reserve.

These are just a few easy things that you can find almost anywhere! Leave a comment if you have any other cool suggestions with what you added to your place! 

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.