We came, We saw, We conquered: PINK Nation Campus Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

There are a handful of things women fantasize about: never having to shave, what dream career you will have, a friendly menstrual cycle, Ryan Gosling and most importantly – someday being a Victoria’s Secret Angel. Well, a girl can dream, right?  

After showing off our social media skills last Spring with countless instagram posts, tweets, pins and any other social media activity you can think of we conquered the nation. Beating 59 school and winning a PINK Nation Campus Party hosted by VS PINK models. Proving that, yes, this is UCF Nation!  This past week Victoria’s Secret PINK completely took over campus, leaving its mark at the Leisure pool, the Student Union, and above all, the arena where collegiettes ™ got an experience of a lifetime.

On September 12, 2013 students gathered at the CFE arena for some PINK fun before the concert. PINK was prepared with a giant heart bounce house, that was, well… PINK. Could you expect anything less? A step and repeat PINK backdrop with tons of school spirited props such as foam fingers, megaphones and pom poms – enough to make any girl or guy feel like a VS Angel. And my personal favorite, a silent disco where students gathered to dance to music provided through individual headphones.  Of course the crowd favorite, Kightro, made his debut posing with students and VS models, Elsa Hosk and Sara Sampaio.  Lucky Knightro!

Dedicated PINK fans waited eagerly for doors to open for the concert as opening time came closer.  Once doors opened, students shuffled in an excited frenzy to the arena for performances by The White Panda, Flo Rida, and surprise guest Gorilla Zoe!  During the performances, students snagged some fun PINK freebies from DJ Irie and VS PINK models!

“I can’t believe that as a freshman I got to experience something so huge at UCF! The PINK Campus Party is definitely something people will look back on in years to come.  I couldn’t be more proud to be a Knight,” said Alexa Gorham.

“It was really cool to be the one school in the nation that had the privilege of having the PINK Campus Party.  It was amazing to see all the students who attended, and the assortment of glow sticks that lit up the arena by enthusiastic students.” Amanda Harrington states, referring to the glow sticks that were passed out to the students who attended the concert.

UCF is so lucky to have experienced such a cool event that only a handful of schools were fortunate enough to receive.  Do you have any fun pictures from the Campus Party? Be sure to tweet and instagram your photos to @HerCampus with #PINKtakesUCF.  Take this opportunity to check out all the artistic instagrams and tweets from your fellow Knights!