Running Late to Class? 3 Quick Hair & Makeup Fixes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.
     Just because you have to rush in the morning doesn’t mean you have to look like you did. Why stick to the boring ponytail or messy bun? Why leave your room with no makeup or if you are lucky only a tad of mascara?  Collegiettes it’s your job to make everyone believe you didn’t rush to class this morning. So, throw on your cute oversized shirt, with some high-waisted shorts and give these hair and makeup fixes a try!

HAIR:
1. Natural with a Touch of Flare
Whether you wake up in the morning with curly or straight hair this hairstyle will work for you! Pick out your favorite thin headband and line it up across your forehead to the back of your head. Grab a small chunk of hair from one side of your head and loop it through the headband from the top and pull it down from the bottom. Repeat this same step on the other side of your head to complete this look. Either leave the headband across your forehead or pull it up on top of your head (where headbands normally go). Best part about this look: you don’t even need bobby pins!

2. The Longer, Fuller Ponytail 
The double ponytail trick helps give you the appearance of longer and thicker hair. Not to mention it takes less than 5 minutes to accomplish! Divide your hair into an upper section and lower section. Then tie them both back as you would a regular ponytail. If you want more volume and a fuller look, teasing never hurt nobody. 

3. Messy Braided Bun
Instead of pulling out your donut bun maker and finaguling it until it looks right, try something not only simplier, but cuter! 

You may first start off by teasing your hair, but that’s optional. Put your hair up in a ponytail, whether it be high, low or directly in back of your head it doesn’t matter. Separate your pony in half. Proceed by regular braiding all the way down to your longest strand of hair and use a hair tie to keep it in place. Start wrapping the braids one at a time around the start of the pony tail. Take a few bobby pins to secure your hair and for that extra hold, don’t forget the hair spray. To messy up the look a little, if you have shorter layers, start pulling them out in front of your ears. Add a fun accessory right below the bun if you have that extra minute   

MAKEUP:
1. Simplicity 
When you literally only have one minute to spare for makeup, mascara and lip-gloss are your best friends. If you are a makeup enthusiast who requires three different mascaras to achieve the lashes you want, you have to make yourself choose only one! A good mascara that not only lengthens, but gives you a fuller look is Covergirl Lash Exact.

2. Liner, Lipstick & Brows
This classic look will without a doubt make you look like you took forever on your makeup. First even out our skin with a foundation powder. Then give yourself a winged eyeliner look with a marker shaped liner pen like, L’Oreal Paris Infallible the Super Slim Liner in black. Lightly fill in your brows to give them more shape and throw some bold lipstick on to catch a few eyes. 

3. Wake up!
The trick to making your eyes look more awake and bigger is to use a white eyeliner pencil like, Prestige white kohl eyeliner on the waterline, which is the bottom part of your eye right about the lash line. Also waken up your face by adding some color. Choose your favorite pink or orange based blush and dust it onto your cheeks.

From Tampa, Florida
UCF Contributor