Jarell Jones: SGA Cabinet Member

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Jarell Jones: SGA Cabinet Member

Year? Major? Hometown?

I’m a sophomore studying business and a minor in communications and I’m from Fort Lauderdale, FL

How did you get involved with SGA?

I was involved with SGA in high school and I knew I wanted to continue being apart of it at UCF. I looked up the mentorship programs that SGA offered and I applied for the student body president advisory council (SBPAC). I was accepted into the program and I got to learn how the three branches of SGA work to help the student body. Form there I moved on to being Marketing Coordinator.

What involvement at UCF are you most proud of?

I’m most proud of being apart of the inaugural year of Knight Camp. I feel as though the program is something that incoming students can benefit from.

What are your goals before you graduate?

My goals before I graduate are to continue to be apart of SGA figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life outside of UCF and to just enjoy being a Knight!

What advice would you give people who want to be involved with SGA?

For incoming freshman, I would say to definitely apply for one of the three mentorship programs that SGA offers! For other students I would say to seek out volunteer opportunities that SGA offers and to look at the website to see if there are any open positions.

What does a day in SGA entail?

The first thing I do is check my emails and see what I have to promote for the day whether it be on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or putting up posters and A frames. I try to ensure that everyone’s event get out to the student body. Besides posting, I usually help the director of communications with different events that we plan for the semester.

Is your job difficult or easy, why or why not?

The difficulty of my job varies by day. Some days there isn’t much for me to do but on other days I don’t leave the office! It can get difficult when there are many events happening around the same time and I am the sole person to promote them. There are times when I have posters and A frames printing while I’m multitasking on SGA’s social media. It can get pretty hectic.

Do you have fun?

I can say that there is never a dull moment in the SGA office. Melissa and Jacob did a great job at picking a diverse cabinet. Everyone has their own uniqueness that keeps the office interesting. Some of my favorite UCF memories have been within SGA.