How to Bring NYFW to Your Collegiette Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Every year like clockwork, fall welcomes us with cooler days, pumpkin spice lattes and the highly revered, and always chic, New York Fashion Week. Right before the cold winter approaches, chic celebrities, talented designers, and flawless models flock the streets of New York in a symbolic farewell to temperatures that are actually tolerable, and a welcome to rich winter colors like oxblood, plum, and every it-girl’s favorite: winter white.

Of course not all of us can afford the glory presented by our dream designer at New York Fashion Week but as we drool over our laptops live-streaming the shows, there is hope for our shoe-box sized closet as well. From the abundance of patterned-cuts, deep plunges, and cascading colors displayed at NYFW, an elite few are on your collegiette wish-list. However, for every out-of-reach ensemble there is an affordable option just around the Internet.

Tory Burch Fall 2015

What: A go-to gift for so many UCF it-girls, and this season showed us bias-cuts and nature-inspired color palettes. Think an early 70’s Great Gatsby vibe, updated with tierra-infused colors for the fall!

For: The black-and-white movie junkie.

Where: 11 P.M. cocktails (21!) or a graduation.

How to get: missguided.com, this website not only features statement pieces that won’t break the bank, but also offers student discounts!

Prabal Gurung Fall 2015

What: A mountainous, Earthen aura permeated the collection with steels, navies, creams, and rust colored pieces all perfectly paired with a fiery sunset. This is set ablaze by a bold blend of both true and muted reds and oranges.

For: An autumn lover in touch with nature.

Where: A sunset picnic, or a beach side brunch.

How to get: Prabal Gurung for Target, or boohoo.com, this website offers an assortment maxis and midis with a range of hot colors to perfectly inspire a fiery boldness in you!

Badgley Mischka Spring 2016

What: An endless summer dream filled with floral patters and peppered with peach and silver silhouettes.

For: The Gossip Girl lover in you.

Where: That dream New York City vacation with your girls!

How to get: Macys.com has a lot of smaller known designers, and even sells certain designs similar to those by Badgley Mischka at huge discounts if you catch them at the right time.

Kate Spade Spring 2016

What: Full skirts, bold colors, and statement shapes.

For: The sorority girl looking for the country club.

Where: meeting your new bf’s parents.

How to get: Splurge on this designer, trust. Kate Spade sells amazing pieces that are perfect for the transition from collegiette to career woman! Waiting for a sale is definitely worth it, but in the meantime check out bananarepublic.com for your fashion fix.

Photo credit:

http://www.thelionsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/ANGEL-RUTLEDGE-TO…

http://cdn.fashionisers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Prabal_Gurung_fal…

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/488300362-model-walks-the-runway-wearin…

http://cdn.fashionisers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Kate_Spade_New_Yo…

Victoria is a senior studying Broadcast Journalism and minoring in Criminal Justice at UCF, and is also the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UCF. When Victoria is not attending classes, you can find her and her giant hair (it's full of secrets) in the Student Union pretending to study, but actually watching Criminal Minds on Netflix. Her dreams include holding a puppy for three days straight, and marrying Jimmy Fallon on the stage of Saturday Night Live. If you see Victoria around campus and she hasn't quoted Beyonce three times, run because you have found an imposter! This lovely Italian lives for Beyonce quotes (ladies, tell 'em) and fashionable boots. If you like cheesy jokes, cute pics of animals dressed like humans, or embarrassing stories of her life, you should follow her on Twitter @imunprevictable, or her step-by-step blog on Tumblr on how to survive college! *Does Single Ladies dance out of room*