A Holiday Guide to Orlando

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

Floridians do not get to experience Christmas like other states do. We don’t get to experience a white Christmas since it is still perfect weather to go to the beach. Luckily, Orlando makes the holidays an extra special time for everyone so that you get the full holiday experience. Here are some of the events going on around Orlando to enjoy the most wonderful time of the year!

Ice! Christmas Around the World

Ice is a holiday exhibit that features handcarved ice sculptures and the theme this year is Christmas Around the World. This event takes place at Gaylord Palms and is $30 per person. Parkas are handed to you but dress warmly since the exhibit is a chilly 9 degrees.

Winter in the Park

Park ave is the cutest place in all of Orlando.Enjoy ice skating and Christmas decorations in Park Ave for only $12.

Christmas at Disney Springs

If you are too poor for a Disney annual pass like me , you can always enjoy Disney Springs. Here you can take pictures with Santa, and enjoy the Christmas tree walk where you can see different Christmas trees that are inspired by different Christmas movies.

Letters to Santa:The Polar Express

This event takes place on Sunday December 10th at 11am at Enzian Theater in Maitland. This is a holiday party with hot cocoa, cookies and pictures with Santa, and they will be playing the Polar Express. The Enzian Theater is a vintage outdoor theater so bring chairs, or blankets to sit on.

Holiday Movies in the Park: The Nightmare Before Christmas

Lake Eola is the heart of Orlando. Catch the Nightmare Before Christmas at the Walt Disney Amphitheatre at 7pm on December 22nd. This event is free!

The Polar Express Train Ride

This a little ways from Orlando, it is located in Tavares. You get to experience the Polar Express Movie as if you were part of it, enjoy this train ride with actors, food, music and more. Tickets are selling out very fast though so get them soon! Prices vary on dates and times.

If your home is not in Orlando, I hope you enjoy the holiday season wherever you are! 

Kelsey is a sophomore at the University of Central Florida majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. She loves coffee, cats, and the city beautiful Orlando. She hopes to be a reporter for the White House someday. You can find her exploring Orlando, or snuggling with her cats watching Netflix. 
UCF Contributor