The Dangers Of Skype Sex

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCF chapter.

We have all heard it numerous times. “Please, baby, just send me a special picture.” Sometimes guys guilt trip you into sending one. Other times you tell then to get on Skype because you think it is safer and that it can’t get back to bite you. Guess again. What you do on Skype can actually get back to you.

In the virtual age, cybersex is becoming extremely popular. If the term “cybersex,” more commonly known as “Skype sex,” is not a part of your sexual vocabulary, you might want to listen up. Skype sex refers to two people and two webcams, or so you may think. 

Skype sex is a growing trend, especially for long-distance relationships and the occasional spontaneous couple. It can provide a fantasy of starring in your own “special” flick without all the life-altering decisions and career changes. It can also provide short-term solutions to long-distance relationships.

If you are in a long-distance relationship, the chances are that you have already been a part of this new trend is likely. Right now you probably think that Skype sex is safe since he is your boyfriend. But as harsh as it sounds, people do get angry with each other and break up. I am not trying to be the bearer of bad news, but you need to prepare yourself for anything.

What if your boyfriend becomes your ex-boyfriend? Think about all the dirt he has on you. All those hot Skype sex sessions could come back to bite.

Guys can take live pictures while on Skype. You may already know that. What you may not know is that there is a way to take pictures without knowledge of it being taken. So when you are getting all hot and heavy for your man, think again.

I have a friend that was putting on a special show for her boyfriend on Skype. She was really into it and thought it was for his eyes only. Little did she know that two of his friends were in the room. After they broke up, he made sure she found out that others were watching her get down and dirty.

So, just because you think he is trustworthy does not mean he is. The screen only lets you see what the other person wants you to see. For all you know, there could be 20 guys in the room ready for the live show.

Another Skype sex danger is that guys can take a live video. This means that they can permanently have a dirty video of you. If you break up or if someone gets mad, what happens to that video? Do they play Superman and do what is right by deleting it? Nine times out of ten the answer is no. Relationships usually end badly.

So next time you think about having Skype sex with your boyfriend, think twice about it. We all think that our guys are different than the others. But guess what collegiettes, most of them are the same, especially those in college. Make him wait to have you; then the urge will be that much stronger.